St Mary’s Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary’s Lake

Evening gents. I heard the crappie fishing was pretty good at St Mary’s lake. Since the ramp is still closed I’m assuming it’s bank fishing only. Are there any areas that are fishable from the shore or should I wait until I can get the yak out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wait. The access right now is off Indian Bridge Road and it’s a 1/2 mile walk to get to the dam. I’ve caught bass and pickerel casting along the dam rip rap but it’s not prime crappie water. There are a few spots besides the dam that have access where you can cast to better water for crappie. But they’re all a long walk for a maybe proposition.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

A similar drive from Annapolis, even shorter in some cases, are several Eastern Shore ponds where crappie are schooled up and active at the moment. Ramps at these ponds are open which is good, because I rarely find them near shore. Usually, they are in open water. Minnow imitation flies and lures work well.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        A similar drive from Annapolis, even shorter in some cases, are several Eastern Shore ponds where crappie are schooled up and active at the moment. Ramps at these ponds are open which is good, because I rarely find them near shore. Usually, they are in open water. Minnow imitation flies and lures work well.
        Thanks mark. I usually fish wye mills over there. Gonna have to hop on google and find some more ponds over that way

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          I would wait. The access right now is off Indian Bridge Road and it’s a 1/2 mile walk to get to the dam. I’ve caught bass and pickerel casting along the dam rip rap but it’s not prime crappie water. There are a few spots besides the dam that have access where you can cast to better water for crappie. But they’re all a long walk for a maybe proposition.
          Thanks for the info brother

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Yakkin View Post
            Thanks mark. I usually fish wye mills over there. Gonna have to hop on google and find some more ponds over that way

Click on link for Sussex County:

https://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/fis...fishing-ponds/

Many are within 40 to 60 miles of Wye Mills.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The torrential rains have muddied up our region...the creeks, ponds, lakes, rivers...are overflowing..going to take a few days to clear up and reced...
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X