Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna hit Triadelphia on Sunday 29 November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna hit Triadelphia on Sunday 29 November?

I’m going in the morning. Gonna try to be at the Greenbridge ramp around 8am. Hoping to catch a northern or some bass. Second to last day before the reservoir closes for the season on Tuesday.

I’ll be on a Ocean Kayak Trident 13, white/gray camo

-James
    -James
    My Tupperware Navy
    Ocean Kayak Trident 15
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Ocean Kayak Trident 11
    Necky Kayak Dolphin 14
    Aquaterra Prism 14

(yeah, I got too many kayaks)

Well, today was a waste of a morning. Another skunk.
    -James
    My Tupperware Navy
    Ocean Kayak Trident 15
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Ocean Kayak Trident 11
    Necky Kayak Dolphin 14
    Aquaterra Prism 14

Comment

Triadelphia is a tough fishery in my experience. I grew up about 10 minutes from there and fished it quite a bit when I first got into kayak fishing. There are some nice fish there, but more often than not I caught very little.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Sorry to hear about the skunk. If I had seen your post earlier I probably would have gone with you.

Comment

Well, I’m glad you spared yourself a skunk, lolz.
          -James
          My Tupperware Navy
          Ocean Kayak Trident 15
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13
          Ocean Kayak Trident 11
          Necky Kayak Dolphin 14
          Aquaterra Prism 14

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfish View Post
            Triadelphia is a tough fishery in my experience. I grew up about 10 minutes from there and fished it quite a bit when I first got into kayak fishing. There are some nice fish there, but more often than not I caught very little.
            Yeah, I’ve ignored it for at least a decade, maybe longer. But I got an interest in it again lately after hearing it was slowly refilling after being down for several years, and seeing the catch reports on DNR’s Angler’s Log.

Figured it was worth a shot today. I fished a variety of different spots, using large (5-6”) live shiners, both under a float and on the bottom in deep water. Also threw a few spinner baits and paddle tails, to no effect. I was really surprised nothing hit the shiners. I’ve never seen a predator fish that passes up a big live minnow, so clearly I was in the wrong spots today.

I believe it’s got serious potential in the next 2-3 years, the amount of brush structure that’s being submerged up in the backs of the coves is unbelievable. Plus the two large “flats” in the lower end of the lake will soon be under water again and providing spawning habitat, so next spring should have the best bass spawn in many years.

I’ll try it again in the spring. I’ve got a good supply of big bait minnows here in a local creek, and I still think they’re the ticket. Just gotta figure out where the fish are.
            -James
            My Tupperware Navy
            Ocean Kayak Trident 15
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13
            Ocean Kayak Trident 11
            Necky Kayak Dolphin 14
            Aquaterra Prism 14

Comment

I had multiple 25+ fish days at triadelphia this fall. Most bass were 10-12 inches, with the biggest coming in around 14”. Multiple pike each trip and lots of perch. The bite in the creek arms has slowed down as the main lake temps are now higher. I fished those main lake points you mentioned last week and got some nice crappies, and small bass. Fished really slowlyy and tipped jigs with worms helped.

Spoke to a guy at the greenbridge launch back in september that showed me pictures of the tiger muskys he’s caught there this year. I think he was up to 5 over 40” at that point.

Wssc is leaving both rocky and triadelphia open over the winter for shore fishing, just fyi

Comment

Working...
              X