Rod and reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod and reel

Good evening folks. I’m in the market for a lighter setup for my rod n reel to fish out of my kayak with. I would like a 1000-2000 reel as I will be fishing mostly crappie and panfish this spring/ summer. All suggestions are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In January I bought a 6' light power, fast action St Croix Triumph and paired it with a 1000 size Shimano Sahara spooled with 10lb braid. I bought it to target pickerel on the Severn and throw baits that are a little too big for my 5'6" UL but a little too small for my 6'6" MF. I have been totally loving using that combo, so that's my recommendation!
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
      In January I bought a 6' light power, fast action St Croix Triumph and paired it with a 1000 size Shimano Sahara spooled with 10lb braid. I bought it to target pickerel on the Severn and throw baits that are a little too big for my 5'6" UL but a little too small for my 6'6" MF. I have been totally loving using that combo, so that's my recommendation!
      Thanks for the tip. Where did you find the rod. I have been fishing with a 7ft rod.

Comment

I got it from Angler's. They had a whole bunch of the brand new Triumphs, they are a nice blue color instead of the older ones that were black.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
          I got it from Angler's. They had a whole bunch of the brand new Triumphs, they are a nice blue color instead of the older ones that were black.
          Thanks. I’ll check them out this week. It’s a few miles from my house

Comment

Working...
          X