Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing Destinations for Saturday, April 23rd? - Is St Mary's still going good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Destinations for Saturday, April 23rd? - Is St Mary's still going good?

Planning to go out tomorrow and try my luck again. I am getting a lot of good information from everyone here and I am incredibly grateful for it.

Is St. Mary's still having a good bite or is there anywhere else that you suggest that I try?

Again, I am thankful for any suggestions, advice, et. I honestly did not know how much I don't know until I started on this forum.

Thanks everyone :---)

Big Mike and I fished Tuesday...the Bass bite was still good, but the crappie were scattered and hit and miss...could be the overnight rain had an effect, but we still had a good day- just had to work for them. I set my bar pretty high as my keeper crappie had to be 11 inches- I brought four home. We threw back several 10 and 10 1/2 inch fish. The pickerel bite was pretty good as well...18-20 inch fish are not uncommon.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Hard to tell what this cold front did, they tend to give fish lockjaw for a couple days. I had fun casting Senko’s into the standing trees as the bite was not subtle at all. The bass slammed it. Not sure if a function of being in the trees or something else.

You could certainly try Tridelphia or Rocky Gorge, much closer to you if rain looks like coming sooner. My guess is St Marys will fish well.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thanks Big Mike and Ronaltmtd. I am heading down to St. Mary's now and looking forward to a great day. Hopefully the bite is good, but either way, it is clear that I need more time on the water trying these techniques that are new to me. Also, I have a deal with mother nature. If I am good boy all week, she often provides good weather when I want to go fishing :--)

Comment

Working...
        X