Elsa magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elsa magic

Elsa brought some much needed cloud cover to St Mary’s Lake. In a little over 3 hours I landed 20+ bass, 11 on topwater, 16.5” big and 4 or 5 pushing 15. I also got a pickerel on top water, 3 yellow perch and 2 crappie. I think a yellow perch is just about the prettiest freshwater fish we’ve got. Only downside, bent a fin on one of the standing trees on the way back in. At least 200 feet from shore in 15’ of water and there by itself is a standing tree lurking an inch under the water. I caught fish on multiple lures but the Chug Bug and a Yamamoto 4” grub in green/pumpkin we’re the workhorses today.

Don’t mean to post so much but apparently folks aren’t fishing, or if they are fishing they aren’t posting. The truly observant may recognize that grey sleeve as belonging to the Snaggedline fishing shirt, it’s brought me much success since I found it jammed in the back of my armoire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice outing Mike.

I've been fishing, just not catching anything worthwhile:

Cases in point:

P1060350 (4).jpg P1060351 (2).jpg

You have to wonder what these fish were thinking to hit flies they could not possibly swallow. Of course, I could say it takes great eye/hand coordination to hook fish so small. But you all know better than that.

The above catches from Triadelphia this week (there were others like them) are why I said in an earlier post that I think the bigger fish have headed to deeper, cooler waters.

It's great that St. Mary's Lake is producing in this heat for you.

Looks like I need to head south on Route 5 for some decent action.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those Green Sunfish are like White Perch.
      They don't know that they are only 4 inches long, very pugnacious.
      If they think they can eat it, they hit it.
      They are also very territorial kinda the African Cichlids.

Comment

Thank you for the report Mike. I had a couple fantastic outings at St. Mary's earlier this year and I would not have gone there if not for your reports.

I appreciate good reports and bad reports. Good reports give me hope and bad reports remind me I am not alone.

Comment

Keep the reports coming Mike! It's always fun seeing what others are catching, especially while some of us are stuck behind a desk
          Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
          2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

With winds marginal for fishing open water I’ve hit the lake the last couple of days. Blue bird skies and the hot weather have driven fish off the flats and into deeper water, killing the top water bite. Deep is relative. I moved into what I think was 6-10’ of water near those flats. Today I got 14 bass in 3 hours, all 12-14”, bottom bouncing a tube and a 5” twisty tail in green pumpkin. Yesterday I had some 16” and 15” fish. No pickerel either day which seemed odd given their density in the lake.

Now putting on my pinks and day glow for the salt.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
            X