No announcement yet.

Tridelphia Fishing Help and/or Meetup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia Fishing Help and/or Meetup?

I live near Tridelphia, but I never fish there. I am aware that people are reporting that the fishing has dramatically improved this year. I am a little intimidated because the reservoir is so large that I feel like I am fishing blind.

As a child, I was skunked more often at Rocky Gorge and Tridelphia than anywhere else. I would like to have a positive experience.

Would anyone like to meet there sometime in the next month or two? I would really like to learn more about the reservoir.

Thank you.

Rob, I'll be fishing Tridelphia a good bit this fall when I'm not chasing striped bass out on the rivers and creeks. The fishing has absolutely exploded this year since they finished refilling it. I've gotten a number of nice bass, there are a ton of good crappie, and I'm really looking forward to the pike fishing picking back up as things cool down. I'd be happy to show the ropes out there sometime.
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

That sounds great. Thank you Cliff!

Comment

Baits I've found effective out there for bass and pike include spinnerbaits, shallow diving crankbaits, 4" paddletail and curlytail grubs on 1/8 or 1/4 oz jigheads, and wacky rigged senkos. I'm also planning to give bass jigs and jerkbaits more of a try this fall. For crappie and perch you just need the usual assortment of crappie jigs, plus some size 5 to 7 Shad Raps for trolling to find the schools.
        - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

I had a great time there with carp on the fly during the cicada invasion. I also caught bass and bluegills on subsequent trips. However, a trip during July's heat yielded only tiny sunfish. I too am waiting for Triadelphia's waters to cool.

The launch sites are convenient with short carry distances from your vehicle to the ramp, the water is clean, leeside protection can always be found in the many cuts and coves and there is plenty of natural structure to target.

So, if you guys come up with dates this fall, I would really like to join you if my schedule allows.

Thank you,
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That sounds good Mark. It would be very nice to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
              That sounds good Mark. It would be very nice to meet you.
              Same here.

I look forward to meeting Cliff too.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Comment

I look forward to meeting you as well, Mark. Rob, I leave it to you to suggest some dates since you started the thread. This weekend is my 10th wedding anniversary, so it'll have to wait for another weekend. I may slip out one morning while the missus gets her beauty rest (she loves to sleep in late on the weekends which works great for a fisherman husband), but I don't want to commit to any plans.
                - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Guys,

Weekends are fine with me -- except this one. No anniversary celebration (congrats Cliff) but a long awaited fishing trip to VA.

So let's shoot for later in September. We'll benefit from cooling water.

Looking forward to it.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Comment

Congratulations Cliff. Good luck this weekend in VA, Mark.

How about Saturday, September 24th? If this doesn't work, I am open on most weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
                      Congratulations Cliff. Good luck this weekend in VA, Mark.

How about Saturday, September 24th? If this doesn't work, I am open on most weekends.
                      The 24th is a Friday. I can do that but do you mean the 25th?

Either day will work for me.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Comment

Thanks guys! Rob, the 24th is a Friday, but I am available on the 25th.
                        - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Sorry. Yes, Saturday, September 25th. Thank you

Comment

Excellent.

Let me know when and which launch you will use on the 25th.

I will see you there.

Thank you,
                            Mark
                            Pasadena, MD

Comment

The safe bet for a fall trip would be to launch from the main access at Greenbridge Recreation Area. When we fished it late last fall, the water level had gotten so low that several of the access sites up lake, or in the back of the big coves were unusable. It was getting low when I last fished it a month ago, but I think the rains over the last month brought it back up. I'm not sure what it will look like in a month though. I'll try to scout it out closer the 25th, but for now let's plan on Greenbridge. Sunrise will be around 7am so what do folks think about getting there around 6:30?
                              - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Working...
                              X