Tridelphia to be CLOSED for 2022 for dredging project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia to be CLOSED for 2022 for dredging project

Well this is a real kick in the pants. WSSC is closing Tridelphia Reservoir for the entirety of the 2022 season for a massive dredging project that will require the lake level to be drawn down again. I've spent the last two years since it was reopened really getting to know and love this fishery, and I was really looking forward to fishing it again this year. I'm not a big fan of Rocky Gorge so that eliminates the two closest water bodies to home for me. I guess I'll be fishing the Potomac more this year, and maybe give Black Hills and Occoquan a try again.

https://www.wsscwater.com/watershed
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Cliff,

Yes, that is unfortunate news. I learned about the closure recently when the WSSC emailed me a complimentary use permit for 2022 season. I can use it at Rocky Gorge but I've never fished there.

Thank goodness Triadelphia was open during last year's cicada invasion. Catching carp there on cicada flies in June was a highlight of my fishing year.

Also, it's just a beautiful body of water:

P1060411 (5).jpg
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

This is a bummer - as a newbie, I was looking forward to exploring Triadelphia before getting into the Potomac. Thanks for the update.
      Nick
      2021 Hobie Outback

Comment

Wow! That makes no sense at all! Why not complete the dredging when the water reservoir was already closed and the water drawn down before? Makes no sense. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
        X