Temporary reprieve for Tridelphia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary reprieve for Tridelphia!

Last week I learned that the start of the dredging project at Tridelphia has been delayed until at least May as they are still waiting on the needed equipment. As such, they have opened the lake up to fishing for the spring! Don't get too excited though as they have already started drawing the lake down. A week ago a friend reported the lake was at full pool, but when we got out there this weekend it had clearly been drawn down at least 3 or 4 feet. Fishing was tough, but we found some good size bass chasing shad in the upper lake. I only landed one bass, but it weighed in at 4 lb 3 oz, so I'm not complaining. Try and get out there soon if you are interested before they draw the water levels down too far. Meanwhile, Rocky Gorge is about as low as I have ever seen it. I suspect they have drawn it down in preparation for all the water that will be coming it's way from the draw down of Tridelphia upriver.

Tri 4lber 2022.jpg
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Thanks for the info, Cliff.

That's good news.

I'd like to visit Triadelphia to chase pike on the fly this spring.

Nice bass you caught.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Thanks for the info, Cliff.

That's good news.

I'd like to visit Triadelphia to chase pike on the fly this spring.

Nice bass you caught.
      I had hoped to get into some pike myself this weekend. My friends each got one, but I lucked out. I plan to give them at least one more try if I can.
      - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Awesome bass, Cliff. I fished a freshwater lake yesterday hoping to get some quality prespawn bass but the bite was nonexistent.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Beard View Post

I had hoped to get into some pike myself this weekend. My friends each got one, but I lucked out. I plan to give them at least one more try if I can.
          That's encouraging, Cliff. I'm glad to hear your buddies tangled with pike.

The draw-down must be confusing to the pike and may even disrupt their spawn.

Spring is a bad time to lower water levels for most spawning fish, in fact.

It's a shame the WSSC could not wait until winter for the dredging.

Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark, totally agree on the affects of the drawdown on the spawn, and given the severity of this drawdown the negative affects will probably extend well past the spawn. I'm also concerned about the potential affects on Rocky Gorge which has been drawn down to make room for the water to come from Tridelphia, and how long that is going to last. If that water doesn't come up until after the bass spawn it could mean poor spawns in both lakes.
            - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Working...
            X