Easter bucketmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter bucketmouth

Today my aunt hosted the family for Easter - she lives in a community with a private lake and while I didn't bring the kayak, I could not resist sneaking away for a half-hour to do a little shore casting with some basic tackle I keep in my truck. I was throwing a texas rigged brush hog on an Ugly Stik, dragging it through some submerged weeds. I caught a small ratty-looking pickerel after just a few minutes of casting - not really expecting anything I was happy with the catch. After a few more minutes of casting I got a hard hit that pulled the rod down in my hands. I set the hook and the fish took drag. What a surprise when I pulled up this very fat, healthy looking pre-spawn largemouth:

20230409_143330.jpg

With this being an impromptu trip I obviously was not very prepared, and didn't get any weights/measurements. The bass felt about 5 pounds though, a very respectable size for our area. Oh well - I was super happy with the catch and had a lot of fun showing the pictures and telling the story to family back at my aunt's house. I think you could hide a few Easter eggs in this mouth...

20230409_143420.jpg
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Aptly named...bucketmouth.

Very nice catch Dave.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Hog alert! Think of all the baby bass it will produce! Cool fish.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Hog alert! Think of all the baby bass it will produce! Cool fish.
        Let's hope it produces more baby bass than it will eat!
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X