More of western Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of western Maryland

I must say retirement is awesome. Fishing when I want is at the top of the retirement benefits.

Went back to the mountain lake I have been visiting. I am worried that the poison ivy by the trail to the lake will take over. I fear poison ivy like the plague.

Was sitting at the edge of the lake and a
    frog rocketed out of the water. I’ve never seen one do that before. It was pretty cool. I believe it’s a pickerel frog. It is the only poisonous frog in Maryland. I found that to be very interesting.

From online - The only poisonous frog that exists in Maryland is the Pickerel Frog. They can cause fatal skin irritation to other animals and irritate humans when they are attacked, so they are not handled.

The bass at this lake are some strong fighters. It is the best fishing I’ve done in quite some time.

The peace and quite in the mountains just makes for a very relaxing time IMG_9167.jpg
    Attached Files
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Nice report and photo.

Looks simlar to a leopard frog but I see the difference.

I wonder if a bass can distinguish the two or even cares. A sore throat may be worth the meal.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark I wondered the same thing about the bass and the frog. Maybe there is a scent put off by the frog that alerts the bass. I’ll have to research this.

Went back again today. The fishing was awesome! If I can pack the inflatable kayak I ordered I can only imagine the fish throughout the lake.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Laura (aka zeebyrd)
      Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Working...
      X