Local Pond Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Pond Visit

Decided to visit a local pond for some panfishing. Arrived around 7 to calm waters and overcast skies. Had my 5Wt floating line with a Bluegill Bully fly. The pond was full of summertime growth, so I had to look for open areas to throw the fly. Another problem was the grass growth along the shorelines. It was tall and kept fouling my line as I was casting. Within the first 30 minutes I landed a nice LMB on the Bluegill Bully.
    A906D7FE-5554-4B4A-8008-F207E31CCE10.jpg 75A121AD-796E-4F04-9846-CF54020DAA51.jpg
    I later switch to topwater-a Double Barreled Popper. Got lots of hits from small bluegill, but could not hook up. Later I landed my second LMB of the morning. About the same as the first 13”.
    CAE55858-0C21-4228-96B5-FFB10D6F8F16.jpg
    The action was kind of slow due to the underwater growth, but still was fun. The bass put of a good fight. Probably won’t be back here until the fall when the underwater growth disappears.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Time to hit the streams and the Tidal creeks to get away from the "swamp snot."

Comment

Nice catches, John.

All good things must come to an end...

Fishing is seasonal. This spring and and early summer offered some of the best kayak pond fishing I have experienced in all ways: species variety, size and quantity. Of course that was when the wind and my family obligagtions allowed. I fished the ponds often but not as much as I wanted.

Let's hope the chain pickerels in those waters eat well during our absence and grow big so they can entertain us late this year and through the early months of 2024.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Stu- Am just trying to stay off rt50 and local waters during the holidays!
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
        X