St Marys Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Marys Lake

Yesterday I left the house around lunchtime, drove a little over an hour to St Mary's Lake, and launched around 2pm. I was hoping to kill a few hours on the lake and have a multi-species day like my previous trip a few weeks ago where I caught bass, crappie, bluegill, green sunfish, and yellow perch. I had the opposite kind of day, catching small bass exclusively. I had 3 pickerel and a crappie on the line but each one came off the hook before I could land them.

It was scorching hot yesterday and extremely windy for much of the trip which made it tough to fish in a lot of spots. Later in the evening it got overcast and calm with storms in the distance. I got bites on just about everything I threw, including weedless 3.5" paddle tails, texas rigged worms, beetle spins, and I even got a couple bites on a frog worked through lily pads - I landed one of them:

20230715_150824.jpg

I finished the evening with 14 bass, the largest was not a whole lot bigger than the one pictured. From my experience fishing this lake over the years it can be good for numbers but I have never caught anything sizable there.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Dave,

That's an excellent freshwater outing at a difficult time of day.

Mark
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks Mark. Conditions were definitely not favorable but I did well when I was actually able to keep a line in the water.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
      X