No announcement yet.

Eating fresh water fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At saturdays meet and greet i decided to keep the catfish, 1 the water seems a bit cleaner in the winter than summer, 2 the water did not smell bad. And 3, i read a report that comercial fishermen are taking the fish and selling it on the market anyway. When i cleaned the fish i did not gut them, i just cut the fillets off there backs, the meat was a light pink to white(depending if i cut a blood vessel or not) i had cooked some fillets up sunday a dish called collard catfish. The meat was white and flakey and did not taste fishy at all. As far as the size of catfish i keep. My rule will be anything under 30" in moving water. Im happy i kept those fish, my freezer has a good stock of fish now.image.jpg
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Nothing better than a good walleye caught from cold water. As far as bass and sunfish go, I'll pass. I think they are nasty. I love catfish, but I cringe at anything that comes from Potomac river. Too many poisons, toxins, and sewage in there for my liking. Most fish accumulate toxins in the tissues as they age. The bigger the fish, the more bad stuff they contain.

No one talks about it much, but pharmaceuticals are a huge problem. Especially birth control pills. Many scientists think that is what is contributing to smallies in the Potomac that have lots of sex dimorphism problems.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Soo, eat too many fish and you start growing Moobs?
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
          Soo, eat too many fish and you start growing Moobs?
          Rob, you got Moobs and it ain't from eating fish ! ��������

Comment

You have no idea where the fish you eat come from unless you catch them...in the Far East, they harvest rice paddies fish and prawns and they fertilize the rice paddies with human feces...and most fish in supermarkets are imported fish that see little or no safety inspections. I watched a show on the African harvest of Nile perch out of the largest lake in Africa- from the time they are caught, cleaned and flash freeze them for export...we have no idea where our meal comes from at Red Lobster or how much heavy metals, pesticide or dangerous chemicals the fish/shellfish contain...limit your intake of Bay fish and keep the smaller fish for the table...not only do they taste better they are safer to eat...and not much tastes better than catfish...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
              Rob, you got Moobs and it ain't from eating fish ! ��������
              Least, I'm on a diet, beyatch!!
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

Ron, the movement has already started, coming to a field near you, peecyling

Hopefully they remove all the Potomac "white fish" first and maybe neutralize bacteria. (There's no puke smiley)

puke-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

Working...
                X