No announcement yet.

Joppatowne : Mariner's Park 7/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSJCL - Yes, the quarry is the pond shape right near where Shore Dr turns. Also right above "Rumsey Island" text on the map when I look at it. I've heard of people landing their kayaks across from the Mariner Park launch and walking through the thin strip of woods to take a short cut but have never tried myself. The banks are generally too high for me to give it a shot myself. The only way to get there by water is to paddle all the way down the canal (left after you launch) and follow the reeds around to the right once it opens up. There is another canal that you take all the way back to the quarry. I think its about a 2 mile paddle. Personally, I have only tried the quarry once and didnt catch anything. I have caught a lot of bass in the canal leading to it though, the largest breaking 4lbs.

RJTE85 - This has been my primary spot to fish thus far. I am hoping to get out Saturday but not until the afternoon.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
      MSJCL - Yes, the quarry is the pond shape right near where Shore Dr turns. Also right above "Rumsey Island" text on the map when I look at it. I've heard of people landing their kayaks across from the Mariner Park launch and walking through the thin strip of woods to take a short cut but have never tried myself. The banks are generally too high for me to give it a shot myself. The only way to get there by water is to paddle all the way down the canal (left after you launch) and follow the reeds around to the right once it opens up. There is another canal that you take all the way back to the quarry. I think its about a 2 mile paddle. Personally, I have only tried the quarry once and didnt catch anything. I have caught a lot of bass in the canal leading to it though, the largest breaking 4lbs.

RJTE85 - This has been my primary spot to fish thus far. I am hoping to get out Saturday but not until the afternoon.
      The short cut is not worth the trouble. I have attempted the strip of land with another member. Even both of us carrying one kayak at a time...it was cumbersome and thick with brush. You are better of using the canal...it's a long paddle, but with a lure in the water...it takes your mind of the distance
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Has anyone tried following the canal that is almost directly across from the ramp all the way to end and then cutting across the woods there? Ive heard that's the best way to go but never tried myself.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
          The short cut is not worth the trouble. I have attempted the strip of land with another member. Even both of us carrying one kayak at a time...it was cumbersome and thick with brush. You are better of using the canal...it's a long paddle, but with a lure in the water...it takes your mind of the distance
          You must have not taken the same cut through as I have. Where I went through its a wide open trail that easy to get through. The only problem is the height of the banks on both sides. Ive been through a few times with my outback but with another person with me to help. I would not try it by myself though. I've been thinking of getting a second yak thats smaller and lighter for solo trips. I've also thought about taking some shovels one day and cutting down the steep banks for easier access.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
          X