fishing the Dickerson Warm Water Discharge on the Potomac River : 01/25/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
    Thanks for that link again. I caught that when you posted in that previous thread. On the day I went I just gambled that they would be pumping warm water (did not have a whole lot of options for open water that day).
    No worries, with all this cold weather it's slim pickins. The link is probably well known. I just stumbled upon it recently so just trying to spread the word.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Yup, a lot of catfish in area. I work at Dickerson Generating Station usually bring up very big catfish and carp on screens before pump intakes. As long as outside temperatures stay below 50 degrees plant will run providing warm water discharge.

Comment

I took a day off from work the other week and tried some shore fishing downstream of the plant. You could clearly see the temperature differential; the MD side was ice free and the VA side was covered.

It was my first time trying the area and I was targeting catfish. Not even a nibble, but it was still great to be out there and have the place to myself.

Anybody have hints/suggestions on going for catfish in that area? How far off shore do the cats hang out?

Comment

Working...
        X