No announcement yet.

Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will be a nice "starter" yak for sure. I took my wife to backyard boats and let her see the models. She is open to getting a pro angler for me and she will take over my outback. Unless the money fairy stops by it will be a little bit. Its great that she is for it. Luckily she enjoys fishing too, just not as much as I do. The more often we go though, the more she will be wanting my outback.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

My wife loves fishing also, I would like to get her out more often. As it stands, my daughter will be my main fishing buddy...she is fun to be on the water with too.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Great pictures. What a weekend.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Really enjoyed the story with the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
          Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Cowpokey,
            It was nice meeting you on the water Saturday at Triadelphia (I was the guy in the yellow Tarpon 140), and again, welcome back to Maryland. I fished Rocky Gorge in the wind on Sunday as well. Glad to see you did well. Caught three largemouth myself.
            John
            John D.
            2015 Hobie Revolution 13
            GO RAVENS!!!
            GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
              Cowpokey,
              It was nice meeting you on the water Saturday at Triadelphia (I was the guy in the yellow Tarpon 140), and again, welcome back to Maryland. I fished Rocky Gorge in the wind on Sunday as well. Glad to see you did well. Caught three largemouth myself.
              John
              Hey nice to meet you too John. My daughter wanted to fish on top of you, lol. She saw you catch a couple fish Saturday and said, "dad let's go where he is." I told her that would be rude and explained why to her....she understood, but still wanted to fish next to you. I didn't see you Sunday, where did you put in?

Do you catch many striper at Rocky Gorge? Didn't hear about many people catching them there when I was here before. I knew people caught them at Tridelphia, but I haven't caught one yet. I gotta fix that. Hope to get it figured out this year.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Pretty cool that you fish with your daughter...you two seemed to be having a great time out there. I had never caught a striper until Saturday. I've heard they were stocked in Rocky Gorge as well.
                I think that a lot of the striper guys troll for them. Maybe you can teach me how to troll some day ;-) Never been able to catch anything trolling.
                John D.
                2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                GO RAVENS!!!
                GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

If I get it figured out I'll let you know. . We used to troll for walleye back home, should work the same way for striper...just need to find them.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Look on Craigslist. I saw a Hobie sports listed that you might be interested in.

Mobile Phone
                    Last edited by Goody; 04-18-2014, 08:34 AM.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                      Look on Craigslist. I saw a honor sports listed that you might be interested in.

Mobile Phone
                      I wonder what year that is, anyone know? Green with round hatch in front. Tried to call the seller, went to voicemail...

I don't know if I'm ready to buy another kayak just yet...but that is tempting. Be even better if it didn't have the "extras", I'll see if they can be taken off for a better price. I'm guessing no, and the seller wants to get out of the whole deal. Anyone want a sail and what ever a travel kit is?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...426617682.html

Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

That won't last long. I'm sure the extras can be sold here. I've thought about the sail since it has been so windy lately.

Hobie Outback
                        Stand Up Paddle Board
                        Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
                          That won't last long. I'm sure the extras can be sold here. I've thought about the sail since it has been so windy lately.

I left a message, haven't heard back. I do agree though, that should be scooped up pretty quick.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                            I left a message, haven't heard back. I do agree though, that should be scooped up pretty quick.
                            Seller called me back. He didn't know what year it was, but with my new exerpertise in all things Hobie (where's the BS flag?) he located the serial number; first two digits are letters, last two digits are "05", so that should make it a 2005. It's a "Hank Parker Edition Sport Fisherman".

He said his father in law bought it new, took it out on the bay put the sail up and it flipped him over...so he swam it back to shore and put it in the garage. Later he gave it to the daughter's family. Husband doesn't fish, but he put it on their pond one time then put it back in the garage. So it's been briefly used twice. He won't separate the kayak from the other items listed with it. Said his wife has a seller lined up, but if they don't show up with cash by Monday it's open season. I'm going to pass on this (disposable income not currently available), hopefully it finds a good home.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X