Tridelphia - 24 May 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goody View Post
    Great job to the both of you. Curious, why do you put the fillet walleye in water in the frig?

Mobile
    That's what mom always did if we weren't going to fry it immediately. Keeps it same as fresh for tomorrow.

For freezing fillets, either vacuum seal or freeze in water. Both of those ways keep the fish from getting freezer burn and stay as close to fresh as you can get with freezing.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I didn't know that. Always learning something new. Thanks.

Mobile

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
        I didn't know that. Always learning something new. Thanks.

Mobile
        Always happy to share anything that might help.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Haven't seen a "tackle building" thread, but some folks seem interested in the spinners I tie...so I'll put some better pictures here. I gave away some on the water today in various colors, here are the two that have worked for the three (so far) walleye (and one bass today) at Tridelphia.

The (blades) orange is a size 4 Colorado, the chartreuse is a size 3 Colorado. Hooks are a BPS #302 Size 4, but really any hook in a size 4 or 6 work well for these. Beads are ~4mm plastic faceted. 14# mono, 3' long when finished, with a "figure 8 on a bight" for the loop.

I use how ever many beads as needed to get the bottom of the blade close to the eye of the top hook.

My spinner building stash: Blades, beads and clevises.

The 6 (pink, orange, black, purple, yellow and blue) plastic beads were in a mixed pack I picked up at Michaels craft store, I think it was five bucks for all of them...they were mixed together, so that had to be remedied with a box to keep them sorted. The green/blue/red/yellow beads also came from Michaels around five bucks (IIRC) but they are glass, so I don't know if I like them...they aren't all the same shape/size, maybe that's my OCD or something? LOL

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Cool thread, nice job on the catches on your own rigs. That's always exciting. I didn't even know there were walleye in there.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              Cool thread, nice job on the catches on your own rigs. That's always exciting. I didn't even know there were walleye in there.
              Thanks. They're in there, just don't know how many. People I've talked to out there said there are big ones too.

We went back out with our hopes up high today. Caught a bunch of white perch again, and one scrawny bass. First time I ever caught a bass dragging a worm on a spinner...Cowkid2 did it on Saturday, so I guess now we're tied.

Ran out of worms and called it a day around 2:30 or 3? Saw Goody and kids on the way out, they were having fun too. It was a beautiful day to be on the water.

Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Great thread and congrats on the walleyes. Tridelphia & walleyes are now on my to do list.

Not sure if you mentioned it but how and what type of weight are you running?
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
                  Great thread and congrats on the walleyes. Tridelphia & walleyes are now on my to do list.

Not sure if you mentioned it but how and what type of weight are you running?
                  5/8 oz bait walker.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

I use a 3/4 ounce bottom bouncer.

Comment

Working...
                    X