I <3 Fat Girls: 5/24; 5/26 (2nd Maryland LM Citation in a month) & 5/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    I'm not in the contest, as long as everyone uses the same standard; all is good.

Every legal regulation measurement I've been accustomed to; was mouth closed. That's been the "standard" for a long time.

Now the standard is changing? That's fine...but it sound's like it's relaxing the standard. Everyone needs a trophy...what limit is there to stretching them out? Can we pull the bottom jaw to the point of dislocation?

Just wondering.

Ok the reason I called it a 22.25" fish because of the tournament judge & the guy that gave me Maryland Citation gave me 22.25". As far a Maryland Citation on LM, it just has to be 21" or better. And the Maryland Catch and Release Angler Award Rules on measuring is : "Fish must be of legal size as measured from tip of jaw to tip of tail. and Fish must meet or exceed the minimum Angler Award length. Lay the fish on a tape measure or ruler to photograph so that the species and size can be verified."
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      Berto, those are great bass. They are big and sloppy no matter if they have an open or closed mouth. For some reason I can't catch any bass on ribbon tail worms this year. I'll keep at it. Nice job being patient. Yes, Memorial Day had way too many people out on the water.
      Thanks Tom! I've was dragging the worm on the bottom. Thanks again!
      Last edited by Berto; 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
        Ok the reason I called it a 22.25" fish because of the tournament judge & the guy that gave me Maryland Citation gave me 22.25". As far a Maryland Citation on LM, it just has to be 21" or better. And the Maryland Catch and Release Angler Award Rules on measuring is : "Fish must be of legal size as measured from tip of jaw to tip of tail. and Fish must meet or exceed the minimum Angler Award length. Lay the fish on a tape measure or ruler to photograph so that the species and size can be verified."
        I wasn't doubting that it qualified for a citation. First time I've heard of a mouth open measurement is all. That's a great bass, congrats.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          I'm not in the contest, as long as everyone uses the same standard; all is good.

Every legal regulation measurement I've been accustomed to; was mouth closed. That's been the "standard" for a long time.

Now the standard is changing? That's fine...but it sound's like it's relaxing the standard. Everyone needs a trophy...what limit is there to stretching them out? Can we pull the bottom jaw to the point of dislocation?

Just wondering.
          Each tournament is different. There is no "standard". I've been to tournaments in VA, MD, and PA. Each one had there way of doing measurements. Stretching them out...pull the bottom jaw...??? Why even practice catch and release if your going to even consider that. Berto played by the rules and caught some GREAT Md largemouth. Coming on here making statements about "relaxing the standard" or "everyone needs a trophy" is ridiculous. I do think its ironic how you mentioned the "mouth open will be taken wrong by some people". IRONY??? This forum has been fantastic about supporting one another, I hope it continues! Sorry Berto for venting on your post with some great catches! Keep gettin' on 'em dude!

Comment

Originally posted by HearadonCatch View Post
            Each tournament is different. There is no "standard". I've been to tournaments in VA, MD, and PA. Each one had there way of doing measurements. Stretching them out...pull the bottom jaw...??? Why even practice catch and release if your going to even consider that. Berto played by the rules and caught some GREAT Md largemouth. Coming on here making statements about "relaxing the standard" or "everyone needs a trophy" is ridiculous. I do think its ironic how you mentioned the "mouth open will be taken wrong by some people". IRONY??? This forum has been fantastic about supporting one another, I hope it continues! Sorry Berto for venting on your post with some great catches! Keep gettin' on 'em dude!
            I was mearly pointing out that every state fishing regulation I've ever seen sets the measurement rule with the mouth closed. Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania all do, since this is where most of us fish.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Damn Berto, leave some fish for the rest of us! Congrats on a great haul!
              Mike
              Feelfree Lure 11.5
              Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Wow. You really cleaned up that day Berto!

BTW - nice hat.
                2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Damn Berto, leave some fish for the rest of us! Congrats on a great haul!
                  HAHA! Thanks!

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                  Wow. You really cleaned up that day Berto!

BTW - nice hat.
                  Thanks! It must be the Orioles Magic! HAHA!

Comment

Love that Orioles magic. Way to go, Berto!
                    John D.
                    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                    GO RAVENS!!!
                    GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Great fish Berto! I guest I will be in the market for some new O's gear, it can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
                        Love that Orioles magic. Way to go, Berto!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                        Great fish Berto! I guest I will be in the market for some new O's gear, it can't hurt.
                        Thanks! No it can't hurt plus you'll have a cool looking hat HAHA!!

Comment

Where did ya go? Catch some nice fish, congrats!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X