• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome catch man!!
    Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

thanks all! I was on the lower sus(below conowingo), haha that is a fat little smallie, I caught a largemouth out of loch raven last year that was a similar short and stubby build

Comment

What a beast!
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by corey866 View Post
          thanks all! I was on the lower sus(below conowingo), haha that is a fat little smallie, I caught a largemouth out of loch raven last year that was a similar short and stubby build
          I was throwing a spinner bait there last week and all I could get to hit it were catfish. :-(
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

corey - Very nice looking smallie. Based on this and other reports you have submitted, you seem to have a couple species of fish dialed in on the lower Susky. I just wish the lower Susky wasn't so far away from me. From my house it's a 2 hour drive 1-way no matter which route I take. On the other hand, the Susky at Harrisburg is 1hr-15min drive.

wfauby - I'll be joining you on the upper Susky as soon as the Harrisburg flow gauge drops to the 4'ish level or lower. I really look forward to summer low flow. Last year the upper Susky was very good to me. Hopefully I can pick up on the smallie action where I left off last late summer and fall. Since late winter I've been wonder how well the bass and all the other organisms in the Susky survived this brutal winter. I saw pics of huge ice piles made of several layers of 1.5' slabs of ice. At it's worst the Susky kinda looked like those pics of Alaska glaciers. Can't be fun trying to live among what looks like a rapidly moving glacier.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Beautiful fish man. I wish we had them like that in the Schuylkill!
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Hog alert! The jig spinner/beetle spin with a curly tailed grub strikes again! That last photo is fantastic!

Comment

Headed out Saturday morning hopefully have so good luck like you did. Awesome smallie!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=corey866;87352]my bro and I were out on the water around 5:30 a.m., pretty slow start to the day with only a few decent cats and some little smallies, then I hooked into the best fish I've ever caught, 20.5" on a spinner blade and 1/4oz jig with a 3'' mister twister

Any chance you have a picture of the lure set-up?

Comment

It's essentially a 1/4 ounce beetle spin with a curly tailed grub on it.

Comment

thanks again all!

spinnerblade.jpg

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X