Black Hills 7-5-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hills 7-5-14

Went to Black Hills last Saturday for the 1st time. My GF caught a nice 4 pounder on a finesse worm and I got a 2 pounder on a baby brush hog.
    Caught both on laydowns late in the day working a shady shoreline.
    Everyone I talked to said it was tough that day. I believe we had a cold front come through the night before. Not sure if that was the problem or not but I'll definitely be going back there.
    We saw a bird working the shoreline and I got some video of it. No idea what kind it was. It was pale blue in color with long yellow legs. Closest thing I could find of it on the net was a Purple Gallinule but they have red beaks and I didn't notice that when I saw it. Maybe it was a juvenile.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 07-09-2014, 02:30 PM.
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Well done, that 4 pounder is a nice fish!

I find Little Seneca Lake to be a great place to fish for better than average sized bass but not really a "numbers" lake. The clear water and the heavy fishing pressure make for some educated largemouths but there are good numbers of 20" plus bass swimming around over there.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Rick,
      Don't know what you do for a living, but based upon the quality of this video, you should move to Hollywood. Most fishing videos are poor quality, but not yours. You did a great job...
      Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
        Well done, that 4 pounder is a nice fish!

I find Little Seneca Lake to be a great place to fish for better than average sized bass but not really a "numbers" lake. The clear water and the heavy fishing pressure make for some educated largemouths but there are good numbers of 20" plus bass swimming around over there.
        Thanks for the reply. I had heard there were nice size fish there which is one of the reasons we went.
        Was hoping for more but I'll take quality over quantity any day. Seeing Sandy get her personal best made it even better.
        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by lordofthemanor View Post
          Rick,
          Don't know what you do for a living, but based upon the quality of this video, you should move to Hollywood. Most fishing videos are poor quality, but not yours. You did a great job...
          Bruce
          Thanks for the reply and the compliment.
          Actually I'm Printer and do Book Printing right now. Just got my 1st video camera (and its just a cheapy) about 3 weeks ago and this is only the 4th video I put together of our trips.
          I was real happy the way this one turned out but its a little hard to make a good kayak fishing video when your not catching very many fish...lol. I love the scenery and seeing the wild life when I'm out there. Catching some fish sometimes is just a bonus IMO. Just been taking some video while im out there and my GF grabbing some pics and then throwing it together with some editing.

With only 2 replies out of over 150 views I guess my videos aren't for everyone. With not much fish catching action being caught, I guess its like watching someone elses home movies.

Any feedback is appreciated. Good or bad. Doesn't matter. If you don't like them tell me why. I'm a newb at it and hoping to get better. Its very time consuming but I'm enjoying it so far.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Nice Job! that's a nice looking fish!
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Thanks Berto
              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
              X