Decent snakehead trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent snakehead trip

I got up extra early to drive down the eastern shore for a snakehead trip today. Overall I had a pretty good day, landing 4 snakeheads and 1 largemouth. I missed strikes from 2 snakeheads which is tough because bites are usually few and far between so it sucks to miss them. I've had better snakehead trips in the past, but I've also had far worse ones. All bites came on a weedless 3.5" paddle tail worked away from shoreline cover - this is odd as usually I get bites as close to the lilies and stumps as possible.

My first bite came about 30 minutes into the trip and turned out to be the largest fish of the day at a solid 29" and 6lb 6oz

20230720_063656.jpg

A while later I got another fish in the boat, a small snakehead that wriggled out of my hands before I could get a picture. Later in the trip I caught another small snakehead, then a decent "eater size" snakehead at 23", and a chunky largemouth.

Overall a good day - fun to get back out there and catch a few. This is only my second snakehead trip of the year, the first was back in April and I caught just 1 small snakehead that day.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Nice work Dave. You keep catching quality fish wherever you go.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Nice work Dave. You keep catching quality fish wherever you go.
      Thanks John. That's a trend I can live with lol
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
      X