No announcement yet.

CBKA Tournament Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we will be there bright and early to check walk-in registrations and give out rulers and bags. I think I was in there starting at 5am last year? Probably something similar this year.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Perfect, I'll be registering as soon as I have confirmed my availability for Saturday. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
        Past years, Coffee & Pastries were provided in the dining hall Saturday morning. No electric in the cabins.
        We didn't get a lot of traffic in the morning the past 2 years so we're thinking just coffee this time around. If there is an outcry here we'll re-consider...

Comment

for the launches in Kent Island like Shipping Creek lane, it says fee on the website but where do you pay? Drop box at the ramp?

Comment

You will need a Queen Anne County parking permit. You can get them from the Matapeak ramp (next to the Camp) or Romancoke at the end of Route 8 past the camp at the end of the road. There are machines their where you can get a 24 hour pass. From my experience, it is better to buy a pass from Anglers (Before the Bay Bridge on the West side) or Chesapeake Outdoors (Kent Island). I think it is $10. Sometimes the machines at the ramp do not work, so it is best to get it from those locations.

Comment

You can also get the one day in advance for any date if you want to get it before the 14th. I did that last year from anglers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                Yes, we will be there bright and early to check walk-in registrations and give out rulers and bags. I think I was in there starting at 5am last year? Probably something similar this year.
                Any update on the earliest possible time to grab the indicator saturday morning?

Comment

Can't make it this year guys. Have to watch my daughter while my wife is out of town for the weekend.
                  Hobie Fishing Team - Central VA Local Pro
                  PowerTeam Lures
                  Froggin' For Bass and Other Kayak Adventures - a blog about my life in a kayak to date

Comment

Any chance of checking in for the tournament earlier than the 7pm captains meeting??
                    Chuck Chambers

2016 Hobie Fishing Team
                    Easton Cycle and Sport - Easton, MD

Comment

Originally posted by bayside View Post
                      Any chance of checking in for the tournament earlier than the 7pm captains meeting??
                      You can show up anytime Friday afternoon and check in, set up camp, etc. We actually suggest that, because we want to start the meeting at 7pm, so the festivities can start ASAP, with Fresh Eastern Shore oysters, MAsgouf Rockfish and whatever others decide to bring along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbrupb View Post
                        Any update on the earliest possible time to grab the indicator saturday morning?
                        what time would work better?
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

My arrival plans have changed- and I am still in Southern California this morning...wife and Daughter are both sick with a bad cold and they want me to spend some time with them Friday- so I am most likely arriving around 5 am Saturday morning- it looks like I will miss the Captain's meeting Friday and won't need my cabin reservation Friday Nite- but I will still fish the tourney Saturday- so save me a bag of the Captain's meeting goodies-
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                            what time would work better?
                            5 am is fine with me I am just trying to figure out a way to get my indicator Saturday morning without having to come to camp wright before I head to the launch. Do you know anyone who is planning to launch at first light at terrapin park?

Comment

Remember at the Captain's meeting we will be giving out a printout that you will need to use in the first photo of your camera. You can also pick up the printout Sat morning at 5am.

Comment

Moc- grab my Captain's bag for me and I will get up with you Saturday morning bright and early- I have a new camera (again) and I won't make the same mistake as last year with taking pictures of my bluefish catch with an unfamiliar camera- Q- is there a redfish and speckled trout division? I was under the impression that the first picture on our camera must be something given out by the Tournament committee Saturday morning at Camp Wright and that we all must leave from there? Are there now other official tournament sites where you pickup your rulers? SPSP? Jonas Green?
                                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                                X