No announcement yet.

CBKA Tournament Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be able to make it on Friday. Is it possible for someone to pick up the captain's bag with the marker for you instead of having to be at the camp 5am in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
      I won't be able to make it on Friday. Is it possible for someone to pick up the captain's bag with the marker for you instead of having to be at the camp 5am in the morning?
      I am wondering the same thing. If anyone is launching at first light at terrapin park and can bring me my captains bag I would appreciate it.

Comment

I would say let us know who is going to pickup your stuff (full name) so we can give them your items. You should get someone who is attending the Captain's meeting so they can pass on to you any rules, requirements, or other important information or changes.

Comment

Don't you have to sign waiver??

Comment

I may have made a mistake. Harry is right. You must go to the camp on Friday or Sat before fishing. What I forgot is that you will need to sign the legal waiver before competing like last year. So unfortunately you will have to come to the camp in person on Friday or Sat before competing in order to qualify. This is more of a legal liability issue. I will let John Foley clarify, but I just wanted everyone to know.

Comment

Martin, it was just an oversight but they have to sign as you stated and it is also stated on the online registration form that you have to sign the waiver. By now your cup is running over ( along with your phone). Anyone who has ever been a part of putting together events, especially the way this one has grown, and to see the work that is required should be very forgiving. I know CBKA has to work with sponsors and such through the entire year leading up to the event. This is on your time for the benifit of others so KUDOS to all who have helped with this event. This is for a two great causes so glad to see the turnout for support.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                I may have made a mistake. Harry is right. You must go to the camp on Friday or Sat before fishing. What I forgot is that you will need to sign the legal waiver before competing like last year. So unfortunately you will have to come to the camp in person on Friday or Sat before competing in order to qualify. This is more of a legal liability issue. I will let John Foley clarify, but I just wanted everyone to know.
                No big deal I am going to try and make it to the captains meeting now anyways.

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the tournament but will be out Sunday at St. Georges Island. Best of luck and be safe out there.
                  Fishin Bob
                  Hobie Pro Angler 14
                  Carolina Skiff 18JVX

Comment

Just another quick question: I'm planning on using an iphone for my camera, so would it be easier for judging if I transferred the photos to an SD card or flash drive or will using the usb cord suffice? Thanks!

Comment

Judging from the last iPhone that we used on our laptop, the USB cord should suffice. The IPhones should just show up as a external usb drive that we should be able to navigate to and copy the pictures.

Comment

Ok great! Just didn't want to hold up the line or anything if certain drivers would need installed on the computer. Thanks for the swift reply. Can't wait for Saturday!

Comment

To confirm, iPhones will be ok. If you have one of the new ones, please bring a cable bc I do not have one.
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Hopefully I will be back before Saturday- BWI and DC airports are all shut down and we have been diverted to Pittsburg- won't be home today...
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                              Hopefully I will be back before Saturday- BWI and DC airports are all shut down and we have been diverted to Pittsburg- won't be home today...
                              Stay safe, Ron! Hope the logistics works out and we see you tomorrow.

Comment

Online registration is closed. We finished with 104 signed up! If interested to participate you can come to the event and sign up. Please bring cash.

There are 14 Hobie raffle tickets left. These can also be purchased at the event.

Appreciate everyone's support! See you at Camp Wright!

Comment

Working...
                                X