No announcement yet.

Rocket Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rods and reel u use? Buying new gear (bout time) trying the gloomis glx rods, not sure what reel. I got quantum and shimano, was thinking an all around reel for both salt water and fresh, any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Deverall View Post
      What rods and reel u use? Buying new gear (bout time) trying the gloomis glx rods, not sure what reel. I got quantum and shimano, was thinking an all around reel for both salt water and fresh, any tips?
      I have Berkley Lightning Rods, four of them now. My original Lightning Rod (6' medium casting) I've had since I was a kid, so it's at least 30 years old. I recently got a 7' medium action "Shock Series" spinning rod and put a Penn Fierce 3000 reel on it. That's the closest thing to a saltwater outfit I have. Earlier this year I bought a 6' 6" medium heavy "Shock Series" casting rod and put a Bass Pro "Tourney Special" reel on it. I have 20lbs Fireline braid on the two new rods, which I use in fresh and salt water.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Took me a lot of hours to put the original design together on the Cowpokey Rocket Launcher. Ken kayak took about 30 seconds to look at it; count the pieces, make a stop by the hardware store, use the basic design and improve on it for his fabrication. Well done Ken.

He added rod tube extensions for the back rod holders and for the trolling rod holders.

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Thank you carter
            2014 Hobie Outback
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
            2nd PLACE
            Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
              Thank you carter
              Good fishing with you today!

we are taking orders, if anyone wants one custom built.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                Thank you carter
                One more picture since you painted it. Looks good, get out there and catch some fish!

Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I tried skimming through, but dont think I saw it. Has anyone tried this with the Revo? I know there aren't as many rod holders on the gunnels of the Revo, but I do spot 2 behind the seat, similar to the Outback. However, they do look further back on the Outback that may add some clearance from the seat. Eitherway, I really like keeping the space in front of me clean and not full of various contraptions. This seems to be the best way to utilize kayak space and also see the rod tips. Nicely done!
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

You can do the same thing for the Revo. Just adjust it so the seat doesn't hit it.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
                      I tried skimming through, but dont think I saw it. Has anyone tried this with the Revo? I know there aren't as many rod holders on the gunnels of the Revo, but I do spot 2 behind the seat, similar to the Outback. However, they do look further back on the Outback that may add some clearance from the seat. Eitherway, I really like keeping the space in front of me clean and not full of various contraptions. This seems to be the best way to utilize kayak space and also see the rod tips. Nicely done!
                      I got my Revo before my outback and I did it for the Revo. In fact the one I'm using on my outback is the one I made for the Revo and modified to fit the Outback. I have a post on here somewhere with measurements to get people started. Carter is good at finding stuff let's see if he can post the link for it.
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                        I got my Revo before my outback and I did it for the Revo. In fact the one I'm using on my outback is the one I made for the Revo and modified to fit the Outback. I have a post on here somewhere with measurements to get people started. Carter is good at finding stuff let's see if he can post the link for it.
                        I'm going to be building a brand new rocket launcher today, I'll start a new thread for it so it's all pretty in the first post with measurements and pictures. Headed to BYB now to pick up the new Outback...Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

I picked up the new Outback a few hours ago, going to get busy rigging as soon as I eat some lunch. The good news, is that the red rocket launcher I built for the 2014 fits in the 2015 also. It's a little tighter getting it in the rod holders, but it fits fine. So I'm going to build a new Rocket Launcher for Cowkid2's 2014 Outback...she is going to paint the RL sky blue. More to come on that. Now I just need to get busy rigging so I can get to the fishing tomorrow.

BTW, kayaks nested together fit on top of the Jeep too. Just need to rig a harness for tying down the one on top.

Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

You can definitely tell that parking spot is owned by a Jeep..It's when it stops leaking that you actually have a problem.
                            Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
                            2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
                            2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
                            2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Two yak on the jeep is look cool
                              2014 Hobie Outback
                              2016 Hobie Outback
                              2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
                              2nd PLACE
                              Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
                                You can definitely tell that parking spot is owned by a Jeep..It's when it stops leaking that you actually have a problem.
                                The oil spots are all from the previous resident(s). My Jeep has plenty of rock rash and what not, but it doesn't leak fluids.
                                Hobie fleet:
                                2017 Quest 13
                                2015 Outback
                                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X