No announcement yet.

Visi carbon flag location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry an air horn, whistle, visicarbon with flag, and sometimes wear flourescent shirts. At night, I also keep a waterproof 500 lumens spotlight available. I also want to get a brighter colored pfd when I get a new one, which should be pretty soon since I have pretty much had the same one since I started kayak fishing in 2005.

I agree that closer to seat is better. I rarely have problems with lines tangling in it there.

Comment

I do not have a visi-pole but all my rods are stored vertically behind my seat.

They pose no obstruction problem for my casting -- even fly casting.

I suspect most of us who cast do so toward the right or left of the bow depending on our dominant hand.

If you do that tangling with tall items immediately behind your seat should be rare.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I get tangled up with everything but my visi carbon flag.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Yellow yak, yellow PFD, blaze yellow and orange floppy bonie construction hat with a Visi-Carbon right behind seat, I swapped the orange flag for a "Be Seen" flag, the be seen flag is the first thing you could see of my son in law from far away at the Susky Flats this year, I was impressed enough with it on my son in laws yak (that he "borrowed" from me) , that I got one for my yak. I go as minimum as possible, and consider a white light at night and flag during the day ,minimum. When going out for only daytime, I will just put the be seen on my spare rod behing me. The boonie hat and be seen flag are also both reflective. Snagging the flag and spare poles is not a problem right behind the seat....Jack

Comment

As a former diver, I can assure you the flags do help and contribute to improved safety. Boating flags the same. Being seen while you're fully engaged with a fish and facing the other direction is always a good thing. And there you have it - news from the noob. Cheers.
            DaveO
            Arnold/Annapolis
            Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
              As a former diver, I can assure you the flags do help and contribute to improved safety. Boating flags the same. Being seen while you're fully engaged with a fish and facing the other direction is always a good thing. And there you have it - news from the noob. Cheers.
              GTFO NEWB!!!!

Just kidding...kind of. Flags can't hurt, for sure. I could see SHH over a mile away with his tiny chartreuse flag the last few days.

Welcome aboard!!!!
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

GTFO??? SORRY, don't know that one.
                Thanks for the welcome!
                DaveO
                Arnold/Annapolis
                Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
                  GTFO??? SORRY, don't know that one.
                  Thanks for the welcome!
                  Get The "F" Out, just a little sarcasm to welcome you aboard.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Cheers

Thanks! I was afraid that was what the acronym meant, and wondered what transgression got me that.

Appreciate the welcome! Hope to pick up my Tarpon 140 this Saturday!

Is there a requirement to wear a red hat/helmet (cherry) or diaper when taking one's yak out for the first time?
                    DaveO
                    Arnold/Annapolis
                    Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Nope, we just ready the cameras to plaster your turtle pics all over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X