PA 12 Rigged up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA 12 Rigged up

I've been doing some rigging finally on my PA 12. I love this thing it is such a stable platform, I'm glad I decided to get the 12 instead of the 14, it's just the right size for me and I'm able to load and unload by myself with no problem. So far I have put a Lowrance Elite 5 with DSI, Sonar, GPS. It was only $50 more than the 4 series at Bass Pro. I've also put some scotty rod holders and 12inch yakattack rail system (the heavy duty ones). I stuck the battery in the dry hatch in the back whack works perfect.
    Attached Files
    Travis
    Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Orange Old Town NEXT
    USN

Those PA's are really sweet, best in class IMO.. You have rigged it up really nicely, I am very jealous. I have no yak as yet, but hope to get a Big Tuna (right price vs 2 seats). I would rather have a PA but I need a place to put my 6YO son. I have done a TON of research of course.. or dreaming as my wife would say.

Out of curiosity.. those fish finders.. .are they water proof? If you dump the boat is it gonna be ok?
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Thanks, I looked at them for a long time myself. I had a Jackson Cuda 12 and 13' Boston Whaler, I sold them both to get this. The big tunas are nice I looked at them myself for me and my wife. As for the fish finder, mine is a IPx7 Waterproof Standard which can handle a Puddle, stream, beer cooler and splash rated - Protected against water immersion - Immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter. I rinse it off too after every use.
      Travis
      Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
      Orange Old Town NEXT
      USN

Comment

Nice rig. I am getting ideas on rigging up my new outback when it gets here. I was used to track system on my Wilderness kayaks, but I have a shorter version of those gear tracks for mounting my visicarbon. I am hoping that model will work out on my outback for mounting rod holders. What is that part# for that track mount plate you have on there? It looks like it is a totally perfect fit for the 241s, rather than just a flat plate like I have seen before. I have just made my own track mounting plates out of cutting board in the past, but I really like the looks of that one and want to pick some up if the price is not too steep.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
          Nice rig. I am getting ideas on rigging up my new outback when it gets here. I was used to track system on my Wilderness kayaks, but I have a shorter version of those gear tracks for mounting my visicarbon. I am hoping that model will work out on my outback for mounting rod holders. What is that part# for that track mount plate you have on there? It looks like it is a totally perfect fit for the 241s, rather than just a flat plate like I have seen before. I have just made my own track mounting plates out of cutting board in the past, but I really like the looks of that one and want to pick some up if the price is not too steep.
          Thanks, As for the mounting Plate I'm not sure of the part number it's what comes on the Pro Angler for mounting accessories. That way you don't have to drill any holes in the hull. Then I just used two mighty mounts on both sides to hold the base. It is really solid, I wanted it for trolling so I wanted to make sure things where nice and sturdy.
          Travis
          Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
          Orange Old Town NEXT
          USN

Comment

i was womdering about the part in between the scotty 241 mounts and the gear tracks. I guess those are the mighty mounts. looks pretty much like what I want to do on the outback. I also want to put the hatch from the PA on mine, but I will have to see if I can actually bring myself to cutting the hull to install it...I guess I will see how I like the round one first.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              i was womdering about the part in between the scotty 241 mounts and the gear tracks. I guess those are the mighty mounts. looks pretty much like what I want to do on the outback. I also want to put the hatch from the PA on mine, but I will have to see if I can actually bring myself to cutting the hull to install it...I guess I will see how I like the round one first.
              Oh ok, yeah those are mighty mounts here is the link to where I got them. http://www.kayakfishinggear.com/prod...tymount-system
              Travis
              Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
              Orange Old Town NEXT
              USN

Comment

Working...
              X