Bait well idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait well idea

Wanted to bounce an idea off of you guys have a old manual bilge pump. I wonder if I plumbed it up to a cooler or feed storage container and gave it a couple pumps as I fish and paddle would it keep bait alive I would set it up just like a electric bilge it would just be manual no worries of a battery going dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donny B.
    OK Big Game Prowler

Bait well idea

Sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth. I went with a trolling bait bucket, just tied a piece of cord/rope on it with a carabiner to make it easy to attach/detach.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I tried that have the same bucket my spot always die do you think it's a temperature issue or oxygen guess I need to stop and dip more often or do you just leave it in the water as you travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Donny B.
      OK Big Game Prowler

Comment

Yeah, leave it in the water....that way they are getting new water continuously.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I know its a bit extreme but it definitely works... will prob sell it with my trident when the time comes

Last edited by camelbird; 09-21-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
            I know its a bit extreme but it definitely works... will prob sell it with my trident when the time comes
            Depending on what your looking for I might be interested in the live well. Was thinking of making my own but pre-made sounds quicker/easier.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

That's a Great looking unit and a clean construction and instal!

Comment

Working...
              X