Use Non-Stock Seat for Hobie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Non-Stock Seat for Hobie?

Anyone use a non-stock seat (e.g., Surf to Summit Expedition seat) for their Revo or Outback?

I have an Outback and wonder how an aftermarket seat would fit? What attach points do you use? Does the seat slip? Do you somehow still use the plug-holes in the hull?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

I added a sqwoosh gel pad on top of mine probably a little over a year ago. It's a lot better with that and easy add
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I have heard of people using the Jackson seat on the outback.

Comment

I'm in the process now of putting my jackson seat in my out back.I have the Swooch seat in there now with the pegs.The Jacksons see that just a little bit more comfortablein my opinion.I will be putting the smooch seat. up for sale
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I'm more interested in how you attach the seat without plugs. Will the seat slip?

Comment

You can buy the pegs and put them on just about any seat. I had a surf to summit seat for a while but went back to the stock seat after a while.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

You can also install pad eyes where needed for the clips on the new seat.

Comment

Jackson Kayak has their ELITE Seats on sale for $109. Just picked one up for my Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                  You can buy the pegs and put them on just about any seat. I had a surf to summit seat for a while but went back to the stock seat after a while.

why did you go back to the original?
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like I don't need to consider a non-stock seat. Decided to do a retrofit with the newer Hobie seat. Backyard Boats is installing the inserts/cup on my Outback to accommodate the newer seat with the lock-down plugs. That's right, no more of that twist/expand fit design, which was a PITA. Should get the yak back soon.

Comment

Tuf- keep me posted on your seat install....I have been thinking of using the Jackson seat in my Outback, too...
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                        why did you go back to the original?
                        The other seat didn't feel right in my back. Had a buckle that jabbed me and after a long day I would have a crazy bruise.
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                        X