I'm getting a Slayer Propel 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a Slayer Propel 10

I have decided to get a new boat.I sold 2 of my yaks including my green commander. Now I'm going to have to change my name. I have decidedicated to get the Slayer Propel 10. I can't wait to get it. Unfortunately since it is a fairly new boat nobody local has it. I only fished 4 times this past year but I intend to fish a lot more this coming year. Thanks J. A. Vel for posting your review and photos of your boat. This is the perfect kayak for the fishing that I do. I mostly fish Pohick, Occoquan reservoir and the upper Potomac. Once I get it I will post some pics of how I rig it. I have not decided yet on rod holders paddle holders etc.

Congratulations on your choice. I think you will enjoy it. My Slayer Propel 10 exceeded my expectations. I plan to put my Slayer Propel 10 on display at my table at the Jan 31 kayak fishing flea market. Stop by and have a look.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Welcome to the club! I love my Slayer Propel 13. If I didn't go in the Bay so much I would sell it and get the Slayer 10. I hope you enjoy yours and catch lots of fish and good times in it.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Welcome aboard! Glad you saw the light!
        Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
        Tarpon 120
        Ascend D10T

Personal bests
        25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
        Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Green Commander, just a heads up, we have Slayer 10's in stock including a demo. We will also be at the pasadena show on Jan 31st if you want to check them out.

Thanks Brian with Delaware Paddlesports
          302-249-1695 cell
          Delawarepaddlesports.com

Comment

Picked up the new yak yesterday I opted for 2 Yakattack Zooka tube rod holders and the Yakattack Visipole 2. I'm thinking of getting an Engel cooler with the built in rod holders. I am very excited with my purchase and really like the lizard lick color. I will post pics when I get a chance.
            Last edited by green commander; 01-19-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

That is a slick color. I have to say I have not seen a color yet that doesn't impress with the slayers. I just need to get the maintenance kit now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
              Tarpon 120
              Ascend D10T

Personal bests
              25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
              Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

20150117_163026.jpg
                here is a pic sorry it's indoors

Comment

Originally posted by green commander View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]14649[/ATTACH]
                  here is a pic sorry it's indoors
                  Nice color. Congrats.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

That looks just like my SP 10. If you want to add more rod holders, consider installing standard Scotty bases behind the seat on either side. I have trolled 4 lines from my SP 10 and caught plenty of stripers.

004_3.jpg
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

There's a good on water review on you tube type in Native Slayer Propel 10 Review "You Tube" by Greg Sterley 4:03
                      Last edited by Capt. Nick; 01-20-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks J.A. i thought about that but find myself hitting the rod on my right behind me when casting with the rods in that position. I was think of putting 2 flush mount rod holders there not the angled type but the straight tube. That way I can store 2 rods verticaly behind the seat.

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                        That looks just like my SP 10. If you want to add more rod holders, consider installing standard Scotty bases behind the seat on either side. I have trolled 4 lines from my SP 10 and caught plenty of stripers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14650[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by green commander View Post
                          Thanks J.A. i thought about that but find myself hitting the rod on my right behind me when casting with the rods in that position. I was think of putting 2 flush mount rod holders there not the angled type but the straight tube. That way I can store 2 rods verticaly behind the seat.
                          I keep my rod holders at a flat angle (a little above horizontal), not upright. Unless trolling, I keep the rods (both front and rear) in line with the hull. I have very little issue with backcasting (that is the main reason I don't like vertical rod storage).
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis

Comment

I'm toying with the idea of selling my Pro Angler and getting one too. Congrats for pulling the trigger.
                            2015 Outback
                            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Would this make a good multi-purpose boat? I do a lot of paddling in the susky where it's shallow and rocky, so I wouldn't use the drive system, but I also fish the flats/reservoirs where peddling would be nice.

How is this boat with paddling?
                              Is the length sufficient if I would fish the bay/ocean city?
                              Native Slayer 12
                              Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                              X