Ride 135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride 135

I have a ride 135.i wanna know how I can fill my hatch with somthing so my goodies don't go down in the hull

My yak came with foam blocks inside the hull. Partially for support but they also keep the hatch space contained.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
      I have a ride 135.i wanna know how I can fill my hatch with somthing so my goodies don't go down in the hull
      You can use Duct Seal putty to make a ridge across the bottom to keep items from sliding. Or use Goop to secure a pool noodle across the bottom for the same purpose.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Better yet go to a store and get a plastic tub, and stick it in hatch trim it off so it doesn't stick up above edge and you are good to go. Son -in -law did it to my OK Trident 11 rod pod, works great, everything stays right there and he can still pull it out easily put rods in on the side sand reinstall, very functional!.......Jack

Comment

are we talking rear hatch behind your seat ? If we are a small drywall compound bucket fits in there perfectly cut off the handle section with a knife I think I used this bucket. the lip keeps it secured in the hatch.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_11750-325-38...und&facetInfo=

Comment

No the hatch rite between my legs in the front

Comment

Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
              No the hatch rite between my legs in the front
              I don't know what year you have, but my 2012 has a loop dangling under the hatch that you can use a carabiner to attach anything from a battery box to a stow bag. If yours does not have a loop, then you can make one out of 100 lb leader and attach it by removing or loosing a couple of screws in the hatch base plate underneath.

Comment

My 135 had a bag in that hatch . But it was worthless. Whatever you put in the balled up at the bottom of the bag and you couldn't get it out. So I changed that over to a round storage container with a screw on lid from the Dollar store. I cut the threaded section off but left the lip to hold it in place. I kept my wallet phone and keys in there. The container was similar to this one

IMG_1467.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X