Market for a new fish finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market for a new fish finder

Would like your input on which fish finder you like. Like to get one for my kayak. I'm willing to spend up to $400-$500. My concern is getting something that may be too power hungry and requires a car size battery. I seem to like the Helix 5 but not sure if they are suitable for kayaks.
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

Lowrance elite 5 HDI is plenty on a kayak, only need a small 12v 7ah battery and that will run it for several trips without a charge.

Comment

The Helix 5 was a consideration for me too, but I ended up with the Lowrance Elite 5 HDI. Even if it ends up needing a larger battery, the screen size and available features will be worth it.
      Mike

Comment

Same as Mike so far it's real nice with the screen size and the ability to chart/sonar/down scan. I have done two trips 5+ hours each one one 12v 7ah battery. I think I can go longer but hate risking it.

Comment

West Marine has a 4 day sale with a wide variety of sonars and gps on sale.

Comment

I just picked up a Lowrance 5HDI Gold with the Navionics Chip for $400 from Amazon a few days ago. The 5 HDI Gold model from West Marine did not include the transducer, another $99.

Comment

Working...
            X