Arms to short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms to short

i'm finally getting around to installing a fish finder on my PA 14. I've watched tons of videos on how to do it and it looks very straight forward. I reached the point where I need to remove the nut on the back of the plug under the seat to run the transducer cable into the hull. Apparently everyone in those videos has arms at least 4" longer than mine because I can't reach that plug, nor the plugs to bring the cable back out to the fish finder by reaching through the access hatches At this point in life growing longer arms does not seem like an option. Is there any way to remove the plug from the front side and then just seal it or do I need to find a 6 1/2 foot tall friend who can reach those nuts?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Fashion your own fish tape from a coat hanger. Cut coat hanger and make it one long piece of wire. Put a small loop in one end to hold plug. The pull it to whereever you need it. It worked for me and my arms are prtty short too!
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I get that for pulling the cable through the hull, this is actually reaching the nut on the back of "plug" that Hobie has pre-installed for running the cable into the hull. Unless I can get that nut off I can't get the cable internally routed.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X