Rod holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastSiideRyda View Post
    How do you milk crate guys deal with low hanging trees tangling your rods? Is there a way to lay them flat when needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that most of us have at some point had branches, bridges or other overhead obstacles snag, break or yank rods out of the crate. You get better at judging what is and what isn't going to be a problem. One advantage of having a paddle instead of a pedal kayak is that you can (hopefully quickly) grab the rods and lay them in front of you and still paddle through the obstacle.

The one that still gets me is whacking the rods behind me when casting. I still do that at least one or two times a trip. I'm surprised I haven't broken any rods with that one..yet..
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

make your own 2 or 3 rod holder out of pvc. put a cross bar at the bottom of it and attach that cross bar to the milk crate with large zip ties or conduit brackets so that the rod holder assembly can pivot. put shock cord on the top of the crate and attach to a knob or notch in the rod holder to keep vertical. approaching low hanging obstacles you simply reach back and pop the shock cord and the rods lay down flat. voila!

Comment

Working...
      X