Trailer for a PA 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer for a PA 14

Finished putting the runners on my trailer in preparation for my PA14 when get it in a few weeks. I've already been cautioned on the brackets I left on it and I appreciate the input. Anyone have any problems with the caps at the end of the runners I used putting undue stress on the hull as its loaded and unloaded? I looked at every picture I could find to get the positioning of the runners in the right place - 10 1/2 inches on center but I wasn't sure on the front to rear placement. It looks like folks had them all over the place. The overhang on the back look ok......I have a saw. lol

IMG_1663.jpgIMG_1666.jpg

It looks great ......... What caution did you get on the brackets ....... They are perfectly ok ..... They are holding a whole lot lees than the boats they are built for. The overhang is ok and don't worry about stress ....... Usually the runners ends are near under the water when loading and if not you are lifting the yak on to the back if the trailer usually ........ Great job!

Comment

Looks pretty nice to me!
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Carpet on the PVC? first I have seen that, nice touch.
        HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Thank you. The caution I got was on the brackets that are welded to the trailer that the "L" brackets attach to under the runners. you can see them poking up a bit. He thought they might be up to far and would catch the hull. I'll just keep a close watch the first few times I load and unload. Yes the carpet on the runners.......way too much time on my hands I guess lol.

Comment

This would solve my Fletchers tunnel issue.

Comment

I carpeted mine too ......... I put twist on caps on mine so I can use mine for rod storage .......... I would use 6" pipe if I did it over again because you can't reach into the 4 " Pipe for storage.

Comment

Working...
              X