Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I made a battery box for my fish finder now I need help mounting it in my hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I made a battery box for my fish finder now I need help mounting it in my hatch

Who can help please

How about a photo so we can get an idea
    2015 Outback
    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I ran a small bungee through the box handle and attached it to some rigging in the hatch. My only fix is to attach foam to the box to keep it snug on wavy days. I also have a quick connector, so it was removable for float trips.
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by Toby B View Post
        Who can help please
        Try glue?
        I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        Garmin Echomap 93sv
        RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Epoxy wouldn't stick

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

U have picks pigpen

Comment

You can try some heavy duty Velcro. I use Velcro for my tackle tray in my hatch. Never moves. I've had it for years and even the putting in and out doesn't affect the adhesive holding the Velcro. It should handle your battery box just fine.

Comment

industrial Velcro works wonders for me
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

U have pics

Comment

Toby, I was asking for a pic because I don't know what kind of yak you have and therefore don't know what your hatch looks like either. so what kind of yak do you have?? In my Outback, my battery box sits in front of the pedel drive from the hatch side without any movement at all. The box is from Walmart -$8.00; waterproof. I am at work right now but I will post a pick later.
                    2015 Outback
                    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I have a 12 ft eagle talon kayak and the same box

Comment

If you have a flat spot on the floor inside the front hatch you can use Goop to glue the box in place. If the floor has lot of angles, you can fill in the spaces with PVC pipe scraps and Duct Seal putty to make a level platform. Duct Seal will hold the battery box in place.

The video I referenced in the post you made about transducers shows how I installed a battery box in the angular bow section of a Slayer Propel 10.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I had this kayak as well I used to slide it down under the center hatch so I could access it and use it for phone charger but I nvr really secured it in there at all it wont move like you think it will I had it in the range walmart waterproof box as well... being centered in the kayak it wont be affected much

Originally posted by Toby B View Post
                          I have a 12 ft eagle talon kayak and the same box

2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I have a small waterproof battery box with a water proof grommet for the wiring harness to run through. I never take the battery out of that box, just unplug and take to the charger. But was faced with the same issue,,,,how to secure in my hull. Tried everything and was not satisfied. I finally ended up cutting about 6 inches off the bottom of a small cat litter bucket and secuered that in my hull. Now I just drop the waterproof battery box in that slot, wedge tightly with a short piece of pool noodle, plug in, clean the cat poop off my deck and go.
                            Pelican Strike 100X

Comment

K yall can send pics that way I have ideas thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X