Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Convert Regular Fishing Net... to a Minnow Net !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Convert Regular Fishing Net... to a Minnow Net !

Quick Convert Regular Fishing Net... to a Minnow Net !

Minnow nets are pretty cheap... like $15 bucks at "Dirks".. fine mesh good for grass shrimp and minnows...
    But thats just one more darn thing to carry.

I was rummaging around for a piece of nylon fine mesh curtain material I had previously cut, that I got from the thrift store.. and was going to do this project... and make a cone shape, and sew an elastic cord into the lip.. and thusly be able to just slip it over my standard net. So I would have a dual net.. with the "minnow" net just a piece of fabric I can pull out and slip on.

And what do I find.. my old nylon mesh laundry bag with the draw string and clasp.
    Just cut the excess length of the laundry bag, tie a knot in the end.
    Done !
    You now have a packable minnow net ! That just slips on over your regular fish net. With drawstring.

So... you're "Up the creek with- your paddle" and there are minnows...
    ... if you are lucky and the handle of your net is compatible.. you can just jam net handle into half of your paddle.
    If not I'm sure you can carry a chunk of foam.. or figure it out...

And now you have a long handle... for your "Laundry Bag Minnow Net."

I'm still going to work on the fine mesh same style adaptation... but.. this little mod took two minutes.

Edited: !!!!!!!!!!

My brain started working some more ! And what do I also have on hand !
    5 gallon paint strainers... really fine mesh... available at any Big Box store or paint store..
    Has elastic opening...
    So now you also have a a packable slip on fine mesh net for grass shrimp.
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 03-26-2016, 04:54 PM.
Working...
X