Kayakbuddys OUTBOARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
    Sorry gents wasn't trying to start a debate.
    No worries at all its civil and reasonable. Opinions welcome we can always learn more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

+1
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Did you see this one with the jet propulsion lower end?
        Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 03-25-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I can see that being of value in shallow water.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Any news on the title? I spoke to someone (Matt) down at Kayak Buddys about possibly getting the Honda model. Can I ask you to give me some info on yours? If possible, I would like to see a side picture of the motor mount (the saddle with the two clamps) and I would like to know the measurment from the inside top of the saddle to the center of the gear housing.

What I'm trying to determine is how high the motor will sit with the mount that I am using with my MK Endura Max. Since I am mounting this on a OC Trident and in the rudder position, it wouldn't do to be too high.

Thanks in advance.
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Had it out, 3.4 upstream and 5.3ish downstream.. my mount is not solid enough to go full throttle so that was just over half. Gonna have to rehink a more solid mounting bracket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I had the same mount when I first installed my MK 40 Endura Max. It flexed too much for me so I modified it. I bought a couple of pieces of solid aluminum round stock off ebay and epoxied them inside the cross tubes. I then redrilled the holes and I added cut plastic hose where the bolts went in to take up some of the slop.

Island Hoppers made those mounts so they have wiggle room and will fit several similar yaks. Unfortunately, the wiggle room doesn't work when you bring in the power. Later I manufactured a mount and put it in where my rudder was and am much happier with that setup. Plus I can turn using my rudder pedals.
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Yeah I first used side mounted motor I had the same problem with the Island Hopper mount. The torgue kept enlarging the holes on the thin tubing they used and the rivets in mounting plate were working loose.

Comment

Working...
                  X