Maintenance for side scan transducers using Berley Pro Hobie ready mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance for side scan transducers using Berley Pro Hobie ready mount

Last trip out I kept getting intermittent false depth alarms on my Hummingbird 798 sonar when I was in 22 FOW...decided I would turn my Outback over and remove the Berly Pro side scan mount to see what was going on...in the picture I did not take...yeah, fixed it then thought- I should have taken a picture...the mount was filled with super-fine sugar sand-dumped out a hand full...washed it out with clean water and reinstalled the unit...hopefully this is the fix...

IMG_3737.JPG
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-10-2018, 07:40 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

That will fix the issue. It happens to me on occasion also. It mainly happens when loading and unloading. When sitting/bobbing in shallow water, the waves (or me) will accidently push the kayak backwards and sand enters through the slight opening on end of the cover. Once it gets in there, it packs tight.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I've seen friends remove the cover and find miscellaneous lures/weights that fall down the xducer hole in the ProAngler. Magically finding a lure they though they'd lost during a previous outing! Like Christmas!
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Tried it out Saturday at Mattawoman Creek..worked like brand new...amazing that a handful of fine sand around the transducer could cause the fault...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X