Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod holders (PVC) front and back... Vibe specific but others too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod holders (PVC) front and back... Vibe specific but others too...

Vibe kayak (others) Rod Holders Mods...
    so after 8 years on the other kayak... I became very specific to what I wanted...
    the following mods are basically just a swap over to the new kayak with mods.

The front rod holder was created because I didn't really have a good mount on the 10ft Perception Pescador...
    and the set up allowed for nearly 100% paddle stroke.
    I added a wood block (white block base) to extend the length closer to me and such wouldn't have a difficult reach to the rods.
    I know a lot of you don't like stuff up front.. but I've never had any problems... or I just became familiar with the setup.
    I caught a double header cownose rays on the front this year.. and you know how heavy that can be.
    So it's pretty strong.
    For a paddler... the rail mounted rod holders look like they get in the way of your paddle stroke...
    but I never asked anybody about it.. and my previous set works so well.

The rear rod holders are pretty generic.....
    The yellow box is a kitty litter box... strapped down to pad eyes on the deck.
    A basic carry over from the old kayak. Original rod holders were heat melted and bent into a "V" and ZipTied to the yellow box.
    New are a seperate unit... as seen in the pic.
    The angles are heat bent... you could use an angle piece...
    But the position and angle are a near exact duplicate from the old kayak.
    Such that muscle memory after 8 years on the old unit... dropping the rods in over my shoulders is a no brainer...

Well the world is your oyster.. I mean PVC... if you want more specifics put them here, or PM me...
    Obviously parts are from the local big box hardware store.. heating up PVC in the oven is easy.
    Spot heating with a torch is more difficult. Both heating methods have their purpose.
    Hopefully this will give some help to newbies.. and maybe some ideas to the veteran yakkers.

Yep, us peddle yakers do the same for our kayaks to allow peddling without interference from rod holders, electronic mounts, etc. each model kayak has its limitations about where and what you can do to position your rods and electronics without being a big PIA...that is why there is no one perfect fishing kayak...you rig it for the way you want it based upon its limitations, strengths and weaknesses...mine is rigged for me...no one else...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
    X