Upgrading my upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my upgrade.

Outfitting the Delaware Paddlesports donated Hobie Compass I won in the raffle at the CBKA tournament...I love my 2016 Outback Lady Luck I won at the 2016 CBKA tournament, so I fish the Outback 99% of the time...I gave the Compass to my Daughter, but she rarely uses it, so I am outfitting it for my use. Turbo fins are an essential upgrade on any mirage drive Hobie, can’t understand why Hobie even makes the standard ST fins, but...Hobie battery holder will go in the new front 8 inch round hatch I installed in the Compass...thru hull wiring kit to make every penetration professional and waterproof...12v9ahr AGM battery, custom made four rod PVC rocket launcher rod holder that fits into the two rod holders behind the seat of the Compass, Berley Pro transducer cover for SI transducer, 9 inch Hobie H rail kits, and the H rail 1.5 inch Ram ball mount...I plan to swap out my Hummingbird 798ci SI unit from the Outback to the Compass...and upgrade my Outback with a new unit...I was fortunate enough to win my 12 team PPR fantasy football league championship this year and that prize money will pay for my Hobie upgrades...winner, winner, chicken dinner... looking at the three major brands of fish finders...I want the side imaging and the mapping features...don’t need all the interfaces with autopilots, radar, etc. so I have narrowed it down to Garmin Striker 7sv plus and the Lowrance Hook 2-7 TripleShot...the Hummingbird Helix Chirp 7SI is a nice unit but not for an extra $100...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 12-30-2018, 08:59 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Ron,

Those are some expensive upgrades and I was going to suggest that even for winners of kayaks there is no such thing as a "free lunch".

But then I read about your fantasy football good fortune. In your case, that old economic adage about no free lunch does not apply.

Congrats on your wins and your upgrades.

Look out slower lower fish.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Yeah...agree, Mark...I spent $900 outfitting the Lady Luck after winning it in 2016...but look at the folks adding a Bixbyjet or a torqueedo power system...our sport has some pricey accessories, but no where near the costs of a powerboat...figure I will spend about $900 on the outfitting of the Compass...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X