Personal visit vs. ordering on-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal visit vs. ordering on-line

I drove to the Woodbridge location of Backwoods Boats yesterday...I had some banking business that required a visit to downtown Washington, DC, so I figured to just go and pickup the accessories for my Hobie kayaks...Travis was terrific...he had spoken to me on the phone when I called checking on availability of the parts...and he had everything we talked about ready and waiting on me...five minutes after I walked in I had everything...instant gratification...no waiting for the delivery...no wondering if it was damaged in shipment...and Hobie list price is list price...no shipping charges, and tips from the experts on installation...53 mile drive from Waldorf, but I had a 29 mile drive to DC anyway...sometimes we live so vicariously in a cyber world...that it is nice to remember storefront businesses and the terrific personal service they offer...and Travis reminds me I can order from him on the INTERNET...
    .IMG_0286.jpg
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    I drove to the Woodbridge location of Backwoods Boats yesterday...I had some banking business that required a visit to downtown Washington, DC, so I figured to just go and pickup the accessories for my Hobie kayaks...Travis was terrific...
    .[ATTACH]24482[/ATTACH]
    Ron, you’re right. I’ve dealt with Travis before at this Backyard Boat location and he has was wonderful.
    In my case I did not call ahead and just showed up - I was in the area. I was looking at options for placing a transducer on an Outfitter. This model of Hobie does not have a drop-in, ready-to-go Lowrance transducer cavity so I was exploring all options.
    Travis patiently walked me through all my choices while providing alternative options I hadn’t thought about to best inform my final decision. He was neither pushy nor condescending.
    This (hour-long+) event took place last spring and I still have his business card sitting on my workbench. It’s ready to go the next time I have a Hobie question.
    Great customer service Travis and Backyard Boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Manny..one other benefit (especially with 800000 federal employees not being paid and a near equal number of federal contractors) is the money stays in the local economy..
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Manny..one other benefit (especially with 800000 federal employees not being paid and a near equal number of federal contractors) is the money stays in the local economy..
        Good point Ron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -manny

Hobie Outback
        Wilderness Systems 130T
        Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
        X