No announcement yet.

Electronics power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent a week at deep creek lake and had no power to my lights or FF! I purchased a Nocqua battery pack and I would like to rip e,very thing out and retire. Any aqua-electricians out there have a knack with wiring a kayak and have a weekend free? Or know of someone who can do it professionally? I live a quarter of a mile from Beverly-Triton beach. Thanks in advance.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
      I just spent a week at deep creek lake and had no power to my lights or FF! I purchased a Nocqua battery pack and I would like to rip e,very thing out and retire. Any aqua-electricians out there have a knack with wiring a kayak and have a weekend free? Or know of someone who can do it professionally? I live a quarter of a mile from Beverly-Triton beach. Thanks in advance.

Martin

I wouldnt mind helping you out but im in westminster. They way i have wired my pa is simple clean, easy to add or remove accessories and also easy to trouble shoot if issues do come up. I have had my kayak rigged this way since i bought it new in 2017 and have had zero issues with it. I fish anywhere from salt water in the bay to rivers lakes and ponds. Taken on lots of water in the past busting through chop. Im pretty happy with the setup.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Use “tinned” marine grade wire...do not use auto store wire...dielectric grease at every connection...use as few splices is is absolutely necessary, and use heat shrink insulation at connections and splices...been three years in salt water environmental conditions...no issues whatsoever...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Electronics power

I recently lost my 20ah lithium LiFePO4 likely due to abuse on my part, so I decided to build something more robust this go around. I found some pre-assembled waterproof battery boxes exactly the same as what I built here for $90, but I was able to bring this in around $35 shopping around. I purchased one flush mount female and one wire mount male IP68 rated plugs for $10, the box for $20, and a new fuse $5. My new battery is a 15ah lithium and as you can see fits in this particular sized box nearly perfect.

Compared to this: http://Elephant K100 Custom Made Kay..._eVUdDb1ZN1Q6A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by silasvirus82; 06-22-2019, 11:04 PM.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
            I wouldnt mind helping you out but im in westminster. They way i have wired my pa is simple clean, easy to add or remove accessories and also easy to trouble shoot if issues do come up. I have had my kayak rigged this way since i bought it new in 2017 and have had zero issues with it. I fish anywhere from salt water in the bay to rivers lakes and ponds. Taken on lots of water in the past busting through chop. Im pretty happy with the setup.
            At this point I would be willing to load up my kayak and travel to get it done. If you have a free weekend I’ll buy your beverage of choice. There’s no rush as long as I’m ready for the CBKA tournament this Fall. Send me a PM if it sounds like something you can do.

Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

Just thought I would add something newly discovered. After using my 10ah perfectly good Nocqua batteries for a couple of years and adding a new higher amp usage fish finder, coupled with a point one gps compass I am finding I needed a higher ah battery for run time. I only use lifopo4 batteries so my search lead me to purchasing a new 20ah from Energized Outdoors. There is no where I could find with a 20ah Lifepo4 lithium battery close to this $119.00 pricing so I thought I would share it.

https://energizedoutdoors.com/collec...ifepo4-battery

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                Just thought I would add something newly discovered. After using my 10ah perfectly good Nocqua batteries for a couple of years and adding a new higher amp usage fish finder, coupled with a point one gps compass I am finding I needed a higher ah battery for run time. I only use lifopo4 batteries so my search lead me to purchasing a new 20ah from Energized Outdoors. There is no where I could find with a 20ah Lifepo4 lithium battery close to this $119.00 pricing so I thought I would share it.

https://energizedoutdoors.com/collec...ifepo4-battery
                Two 10AH's are $149, so $120 is a no brainer!
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                  Two 10AH's are $149, so $120 is a no brainer!
                  Considering a single Dakota or Nocqua are around $99.00 even that's a great price.

Comment

Working...
                  X