Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder Issues 2015 Hobie Revo 13

Hey guys,

The last couple times I have been out on the Revo, I have had rudder issues. Was out yesterday on the Northeast river and actually had some time to take a close look at what was going on. It seems that when I deploy the DOWN cables, the rudder does not deploy all the way down, and eventually I end up turning left if a big circle! After some experimenting, I found that if I keep tension on the DOWN cable, I can work the rudder completely. It lasts for a short time, then I have to tug on the DOWN cable again, and wash rinse repeat. I haven't looked under the hood yet, but nothing has changed since I first noticed it last fall - meaning I haven't added anything or mucked around with the kayak in any way that would interfere with the cables.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Are you putting the cable into the cleat when you deploy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably not...

I was hoping the answer was a simple one!

Thanks Brian.

What's really funny about this is I just got the kayak last year, and fished with it a couple of times. Then I didn't get out on the bay in it between August and October. Apparently I forgot this small but VERY important detail!
      Last edited by belairfishing; 05-28-2019, 02:42 PM.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
        Probably not...

I was hoping the answer was a simple one!

Thanks Brian.

What's really funny about this is I just got the kayak last year, and fished with it a couple of times. Then I didn't get out on the bay in it between August and October. Apparently I forgot this small but VERY important detail!
        Just remember to release it from the cleat when you return to the launch and pull the "Up" cord to return the rudder to its stored position.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X