Made a New brace for my boonedox wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a New brace for my boonedox wheels

F0061EAE-3553-4722-8780-B0B40A9126B4.jpg72B8A76E-58DE-4276-8E17-03C3F1C52607.jpg883E66B6-B4B4-4787-954E-01A03F79B6D1.jpg8A745A08-01B1-4774-8731-A6182090DE83.jpgA63299BA-A7E0-4246-85C3-3A581635E924.jpg

I decided to make a lighter stiffener for my boonedox wheels. If it actually makes a difference or not or if im saving any real weight That would effect the performance of the yak I don’t know. I just thought of the idea one day and went with it. So I decided to share it. The original is a solid piece of aluminum. I have some .025 wall seamless aluminum tubing laying around so I decided to make some hollow end caps for it. This is the replacement.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

i hope this works for you. this is not something i'd do, as my assumption would be the manufacturer supplied a solid bar for a reason (strength), if they'd have been able to use a section of tubing they would have because it would be cheaper to manufacture... but hopefully i'm wrong
    -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by thedutchtouch View Post
      i hope this works for you. this is not something i'd do, as my assumption would be the manufacturer supplied a solid bar for a reason (strength), if they'd have been able to use a section of tubing they would have because it would be cheaper to manufacture... but hopefully i'm wrong
      Yeah for what it is, 1” solid aluminum is overkill. In general tube is stiffer and less likely to bend than round bar. I figure The plastic gunnels will break before anything else. Just hoping the thin walled tubing is strong enough. Really the tube is just there for rigidity and to keep the wheels aligned. For manufacturing purposes buying 1” bar stock and cutting it to size is cheaper than making 3 different parts, and assembling.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

those turned ends looks awesome, great craftsmanship.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
          those turned ends looks awesome, great craftsmanship.
          Thanks hommie!
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          X