Nocqua charger red light flashing while charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocqua charger red light flashing while charging

Does anyone know what this means? I don’t remember it flashing before. I have only used it once. I’m assuming it means bad battery but can’t find the info. Thanks

I don't know anything about that charger...
    but Red is probably not good.

Batteries have a life... probably time to get a new battery.

If you have a decent meter... you test with loads on the battery.

It really... with a good battery, comes down to capacity... ie..
    draining the battery and ability to recovery.

So with a bad battery.. you might get it to charge up to 12.5+ volts...
    but it will discharge rapidly.

My fishfinder battery lasted plus 8 years lots of use..
    My computer backup batteries I give them 2 years...
    And these batteries are not much different... although their usage is different.

probably time for a new battery if it's a few years old.

Comment

I just purchased the battery a few weeks ago and used it one time. If I remember correctly from
      When I first charged it, the indicator was a solid red, now it’s flashing. Making me suspicious it’s bad. Oh wel I will have to call Nocqua tomorrow to see what they say/can do. It will be a bad day for me if they can’t replace it as I broke a $150 dollar rod today as well. It’s also a lithium ion battery so I think those can be rebuilt but I’m not sure.
      Last edited by Fish123; 08-04-2019, 05:36 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

sorry to hear about your broken rod...

without a voltmeter to test the battery or the charger.. it's hard to know either way.
        I couldn't find any docs or manual on the unit.

it looks to be a very basic charger.. I only say that when I used to fly RC helicopters we used lipo batteries...
        and my charger alone was $200 with digital read outs.

looking further .. I did find this youtube.. about a faulty charger..
        read the comments on the youtube.. while not mentioning flashing red light...
        I suspect it is your charger to be the problem.. obviously only a guess.
        https://youtu.be/bStPSAL0G3Y

good luck

Comment

here you go this is just what you need to do...

https://youtu.be/62F3LsIco4M

Comment

I have two Nocqua batteries and love them, but my charger actually failed. I know of two other individuals whose charger failed. Fortunately, I had bought two, so it was very easy to check to see if it was the battery or a charger. I called Nocqua and they replaced the charger immediately in 24 hours. No charge. No sales slip needed. They did not even want the broken charger back. Excellent service.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
              it looks to be a very basic charger.. I only say that when I used to fly RC helicopters we used lipo batteries...
              and my charger alone was $200 with digital read outs.
              One of the most useful things i have ever purchased was a good charger. I originally got it to charge my kids rc truck, but it charges anything and everything (Pb, NiMH, LiFe, LiPo, LifePO4). Balances multicell batteries as well. I don't know how many batteries labeled dead I've recovered by simply doing a proper balancing.

Protect your investment. People are paying hundreds of dollars for batteries and trusting them to free $10 charger that came with the battery.
              "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
              Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Talked to NOCQUA yesterday and they are going to replace the charger but I need to send it back. Kind of annoys me because I have seen others say they didn’t even make them send it back. Hopefully I get it sooner rather than later.

Comment

Maybe I got lucky by not having to return the old charger. They might have gotten an influx of charger replacement request, so too make everyone honest, the required the dead charger. I also noticed that the charger that they sent me was not the shape charger, so maybe they went with a different manufacturer for their chargers due to failures from the previous suppliers.
                  2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

I actually just asked if I had to pay to ship I back and they said never mind we don’t need old charger we will just send you a new one

Comment

Excellent
                      2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Working...
                      X