Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling motor ID

IMG_3655.jpgIMG_3656.jpgIMG_3657.jpg
    I recently got a used kayak and the previous owner threw in a trolling motor. So I went ahead and installed it with a PWM motor speed controller in the sonar pod. It works ok, but the problem is that it's way to slow. My kayak, Feelfree lure 11.5, is a pretty wide kayak so I don't expect it to fly but it seems way too slow. I tried to find info about my trolling motor (to make sure it's at least 30lb thrust) but I can't seem to find any info. Does anyone recognize this trolling motor? All the freshwater Minkoda trolling motors seem to have a black shaft so I guess it's an old model. If this is an old model and under 30lb thrust, I'm trying to get a 30lb thrust trolling motor (or higher if it fits).
    Last edited by tmc3p; 06-01-2020, 08:48 PM.
    Daniel

Feelfree Lure 11.5

Thanks. I talked to Minnkota tech support today. They said the serial# of the unit was too old to look up. He said the motor should be at least 30 years old and very likely under 30lb thrust. Well, it doesn't really surprise me when looking at the size of the motor. It's pretty small. I think that's why I felt it was too slow. My expectation is pretty low. As long as it "assists" me with paddling, I think I'll be ok. I live in Aldie, VA so I don't often go out to the bay area. I mostly fish local lakes and reservoirs.
    Last edited by tmc3p; 06-02-2020, 10:32 AM.
    Daniel

Feelfree Lure 11.5

Comment

If it’s 30 yrs old then I’m surprised it still works. They lose power over the years.

Comment

Working...
      X