Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone done the Mullet Miller conversion on their C-Tug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone done the Mullet Miller conversion on their C-Tug?

https://youtu.be/G_KSpHPjPAo

https://thekayakfishingstore.com/sho...onversion-kit/

Looks pretty cool but not sure I want to spend another 100+ bucks on the cart. The C tug sandtrax wheels feel like I’m dragging the kayak through the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. The conversion is a little tricky, I needed to use a drill press. However, it turned a piece of expensive crap (CTug sand wheels) into a an awesome heavy sand transport machine. I have even towed a friends fully loaded ProAngler14 thru sand and tidal mud with it. Obviously, I put on pretty large balloon tires, and try to avoid shells and hard asphalt with those sharp little stones that cause punctures.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
      I have. The conversion is a little tricky, I needed to use a drill press. However, it turned a piece of expensive crap (CTug sand wheels) into a an awesome heavy sand transport machine. I have even towed a friends fully loaded ProAngler14 thru sand and tidal mud with it. Obviously, I put on pretty large balloon tires, and try to avoid shells and hard asphalt with those sharp little stones that cause punctures.
      Haha it is an expensive piece of crap. Why did you have to use a drill press instead of a regular battery drill? That’s great to hear. My ctug works flawlessly like 50% of the time. The worst is the wheels falling off when you’re moving the cart around. I think I’m just going to do the conversion instead of getting a landing gear because I’m not a big fan of having a cart permanently affixed to my kayak.

Comment

It has been around 4 years ago, but I think you have to remove the existing plastic collar on the metal axle. If I recall right, I used a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel to do that. Then you have to drill through the axle with a pretty exact line so the conversion collar holes will line up right. I thought it would be more precise to do it on a press with everything clamped. Good luck, I hope this has helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
          It has been around 4 years ago, but I think you have to remove the existing plastic collar on the metal axle. If I recall right, I used a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel to do that. Then you have to drill through the axle with a pretty exact line so the conversion collar holes will line up right. I thought it would be more precise to do it on a press with everything clamped. Good luck, I hope this has helped.
          Thanks for the tips. I’ll report back how it works when it comes in.

Comment

If you put a hairpin type clip on the plastic levers, the wheels won't come off. I can't see installing this kit unless you tow your yak across a large area of sand. The two areas I use that have sandy launches are Jonas Green Park and Beverly Triton Park and the C-Tug sand wheels work great for me. My yak as outfitted weighs about 78 pounds. With the Minn Kota Endura 40 and a 55AH battery, its about 125.
            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
            X