Hobie Lynx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Lynx

Kinda grabbing my attention with it's light weight. Anyone test drive one yet?
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

I've heard good things about it on another fishing forum I go to. No detailed reviews yet, but a few people have made posts saying they're enjoying the Lynx so far. It does look like a nice little hybrid between a "pleasure craft" and a fishing kayak. I imagine it would be great for those quick "grab and go" trips where you aren't bringing a lot of gear, electronics, etc.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by gshappell
      Yeah my main question for my situation is "can this replace my current kayak" as I don't necessarily want to run 2 kayaks. Flexibility would be nice I agree but just the logistics, I like to keep things simple. If I can fit a 9" lowrance and run the big active imaging transducer it may be a valid option for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
      Doesn't look like it has the built-in transducer mount and through-hull wiring setup like the Outbacks and PA's have, but it does have some gear track built in. You could mount a YakAttack CellBlok to the gear track to hold your battery, then mount your screen and a transducer arm on it for a self-contained unit. See photos here for example: https://www.yakattack.us/cellblok-clb-1002/
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Seems to me that adding a big fishfinder and other gear is kinda counter to the whole point of this yak. I love the idea of the Lynx. It's grab and go. If there's a lot of hassle involved in fishing like setting up a bunch of gear or moving a heavy yak, I probably won't go.

I've gotten to the point where I put all the gear and fanciness on my boat and keep the yak as simple as possible. I usually fish with the kayak in water not even deep enough for a fishfinder and I can visually identify structure. So I leave the sonar at home. Kayak fishing is a trip back to instinctual fishing. It's why I love it. This is from someone who was putting a ton of gear on kayaks at one point.
        Native Titan Propel 12
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
        Mercury 6hp
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
        Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

Hi, gshappell! You got a very decent kayak. Thank you for sharing, appreciate that! Sorry for the stupid qiestion of newbie, does the side-imaging fish finders(example from my wishlist) suitable with kayaks? Got a bad sight, so models with small diagonals are useless for me, unfortunately
          Last edited by Boynextdoor; 02-15-2022, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X