Finally threw the towel in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally threw the towel in...

11 years...no landing net, literally thousands of fish...yeah, lost a few now and then that a net would have landed...Tuesday was the last straw for me...lost a big flounder...well over keeper 16.5 inch legal minimum...tried to scoop it into the cockpit with my hand under its belly...did you know a flounder can swim backwards- really fast? It went gonzo bonkers, gave me a good soaking and was gone! Today, my Bass Pro Shop order was delivered...an Offshore Angler wade Landing net...I threw in the towel...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Welcome to the club, Ron.

I'm recent net convert too.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

You won't regret it. I have one with me on most trips. I don't even reserve it just for the big fish... if a fish is thrashing about boatside and I don't think I can safely grab it without getting my hand finned or hooked or bit, I'll just net it. Usually if a fish just won't calm down they are easier to unhook in the net too, they don't have the leverage to thrash around.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Fluke have made almost all of us break down and buy a net - sneaky little head-shakin bastards
        Jay

10' Green Slayer
        13’ Red Slayer

Comment

I joined the club last week as well - bought the one that Mark recommended. I thought I jinxed myself in that my entire first trip and the initial 3/4 of my second trip didn't present any fish worthy of netting, but thankfully I've gotten over that hump now.

Comment

I have used the net on my last two fishing trips...gotta say the wade net with rubber net material is nice...landed a big speckled trout today that was lightly hooked in the thin membrane of the lower jaw...probably would have lost that fish trying to land it any other way...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X