Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB transducer/mounting question

Folks,

I have decided to get the HB 597ciHD combo fishfinder and I have a question regarding the transducer.

Since Cabela's has them on sale, for $499, I will buy the prepackaged deal from them. These usually come with a transom mount transducer, probably the XNT-9-20T. I was thinking, since HB has their transducer exchange program, why not exchange the XNT for a XP-9-20T?

The XP is a puck transducer with the same single/ dual freq plus a pig tail for temp. I was thinking that 1) it would be easier to mount as it has less surface area and 2) I can run the pig tail to the OC transponder scupper and get temp to boot!

To me, this plan seems too easy so I am asking you guys to pick it apart based on your experiences.

Thanks,

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

not to take anything away from anyone on here who's done it, but Greg from humminbird is online alot at the unofficial humminbird forum and answers questions. he helped me when i was HBshopper'ing

Comment

Southerly,

I googled and found several "unofficial Humminbird sites". Which one in particular were you referring to?

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

pm sent.

Comment

Working...
        X